5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2014 6:32 AM by cbattey RSS

Cannot pair rc71 with HR44nc-500

cbattey

I can't get through the RF setup with my RF71 on my Genie HR44nc-500.  Followed on-screen directions - mute & select, two green flashes, then 961, channel up then enter. After about a minute it goes to the RF Setup: Fail screen. Tried several times with same results. Called tech support and their sending out a tech in a week.  Thought I'd try here in the meantime. The HR44nc-500 was installed about 3 hrs ago and the tech left before getting the remote setup.

• Re: Cannot pair rc71 with HR44nc-500
    peds48

try pressing and holding MUTE and ENTER for a few seconds

cbattey

The DTV tech had me do that as well with no success. Just got the "applying IR/RF settings" screen for about a minute and then it failed. I even tried one of the other remotes that worked on the mini but that didn't work on the HR44 either.

peds48

try this

Un-Pairing RF4Ce/RF Mode

Press MUTE + Select at the same time until the green LED blinks twice. Press 9 8 7 on the remote, and the green LED should blink four times.

Upon entry of an invalid key sequence, the remote LED will blink one long blink in red and return to normal operation.

If the Genie Remote is in a programming state and has no input for 10 seconds, it will exit the programming state and return to the last pre-programmed code.

then try to program again

cbattey

Just to follow-up...the tech came over and couldn't get it to work either so he replaced the receiver and all works as it's supposed to.  The tech said he'd never seen it before but guessed the RF sensor on the receiver was bad.