3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 9:07 AM by peds48 RSS

HD TV mini box (H25-700) freeze issues

wvjeep11

Hello,

Looking for some help as I was very please to have a previous issue solved here. Thanks! The HD box in my bedroom recently started to just freeze, no audio, no remote functions, etc. Picture locks and has a pinkish line that appears and the rest of the picture is as if i paused it. To fix it, all i simply have to do is jiggle the cable at the back of the box. I have removed and reconnected the cable several time with no fixes. The cable seems like its making a good connection and the "wire/cable" inside the case of the cable looks fine, not bent, etc. Unfortunately this cable was ran straight from my garage to the master and does not connect to the wall, etc so I cannot simply try another cable. Any ideas??

Edit: forgot to mention that same channel, etc, plays just fine on another box, so its isolated to this one room/cable/box

• Re: HD TV mini box (H25-700) freeze issues
    peds48

I am afraid you might have a defective HDMI.  you can try to run a longer coax temporarily on the floor and bring the box to the bedroom and use a short HDMI jumper.  this will confirm whether is the cable or not

wvjeep11

Sorry for the confusion if I have miscommunicated/ misunderstood, The cable I believe could be at fault is the coax, not the hdmi. If i move the coax then it begins to work again, or are you stating it could be the hdmi box? If its the box, I've been with direct for over a year, what's the chances they replace it?

peds48

Well, if is the coax cable then the receiver should of give a 775 error message once it freezes as it would loose communication with the dish.  but make sure all connections are tight.

If you believe is the coax, you can change the F connector assuming you have the right tools. But I would start by replacing the HDMI cable and see if there is any change