7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2014 10:55 AM by kthersh RSS

C31-700 freezes during playback

kthersh

I have one of our genie minis setup in our family room and when I play back taped shows it always seems to freeze or even freeze the video and the audio continues. I've reset everything multiple times, but I was hoping someone might have an idea before I have to schedule a service call.

• Re: C31-700 freezes during playback
    peds48

Have you tried resetting the main Genie?

kthersh

I have, I've done the power thing on all of them, the red button on the main, and the website reset request. It doesn't seem to happen as often, I was curious if maybe my equipment needed to be replaced or upgraded.

kthersh

This happened again last night and the telephone support told me it was an internet problem, how on earth is my internet the culprit for my TV service not working. Doesn't my TV service work without internet? It was just a recorded show that didn't play properly, that sounds like a Directv problem.

dcd

The trick here is to determine if the playback flaws were in the recording itself or in the Mini's rendition of the recording.  The recording resides on the Genie's hard drive and if you still have it you might watch it and determine if the Genie shows the same playback errors.  If so, then the recording itself is faulty and the Mini may be an innocent part of the problem.  If the recording is pristine, then the Mini or it's connection to the Genie is at fault.

kthersh

I didn't check it on other devices, if the recording is bad, is it a genie problem? How do those get fixed? If it's a Mini connection problem, how do the minis get fixed?

dcd

If the flaw is occurring in the Mini playback, doing a red button reset of the main Genie, and while it's booting up, doing a reset (button on right side) of all the Minis will often renew and repair a networking problem between the Genie and the Minis.  If the Genie is making bad recordings then the issue would likely be a dish signal or connection problem.