5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 15, 2014 2:42 PM by amarjit RSS

Not working...

amarjit

I have a hr44-500 and 2 c41-100 minis.  All are connected tot the network and show so.  I even reset the main dvr and geniego no luck.  I spent 3 hours on the phone with the tech guy to setup out of home access and modify my router.  Everything was fine and now its not connecting.  I had problems getting my internet to work and low signal on wifi.  So I moved the ( AT&T 3801HGV) router/modem combo out of a closet on the first floor and into my bedroom on the second floor.  Now geniego is nogo.  even a cable directly in back of the geneigo no go.  I reset or unplug the geniego.  And then all lights come back on.  Purple status light and blue the other 2 things.  10 seconds later if goes off and the status light is purple and the other 2 are off.  Or sometimes the status is yellow and the immediately right is blue and the last is off.  So frustrating.  It was fine when I firtst got it. 

The question is does geniego have its own ip or something.  Will resetig the 3801 also help besides the dvr and the geniego.  Maybe that will refresh the IPs. 

• Re: Not working...
    amarjit

I finally fixed it.  I realized on one of the minis c41-100 that it said swm connected but internet not detected.  So I have a bad switch long story short.  I'm now directly plugged in back of the router.  That black oval thing with coax on one side and coax and ethernet on the other side.  Geneigo doesn't like switches either apparently.  Or maybe I just have bad one.  I took out the switch and directly ethernet now that black oval thing with coax and ethernet.  Now my dvr and mini c41-100 are connected to internet.  I didn't check the other mini.  But none were working before and now it is so that probably good too.  But I need space for other stuff too.  So I will have to get a new switch.  The 3801 has only 4 ports and I need more.  So either buy a new switch or maybe flash the old one.  May new firmware or something.  I don't even know how to flash a switch.

The bad switch is a LINKSYS EZXS55W version 4.2.  Anyone know how to flash a swithc?  Or should I just get a new switch for 20 dollars at bestbuy.

support.linksys.com/en-us/support/switches/EZXS55W

• Re: Not working...
      amarjit

Ok its not really broken just realized.  1-4 work but 5 doesn't  If I use uplink port number 5 is limited.  Or maybe uplink to router is not how it works.  Maybe its just number 5 port no uplink.  But its alright 1-4 is good enough.  I have it plugged into my router with uplink.  And 1 - 4 is good enough.  I have geniego, the other oval thing, and my laptop in my bedroom hooked directly to the back of the router.  And the last port goes to my switch.  And the switch supplies the other stuff my like my air conditioner (first floor) can be controlled by iphone or android.  Its my nfinity carrier or something like that. That has a special tplink special router with their software flashed to make it work.  And what ever else I need.  So 4 ports is good enough.  And when I run out I'll get a new switch but for now I'm good.  4 ports is good enough for now.

So thanks but I'm all good now.  And if you need you can delete this thread.  Unless it helps anyone else.