11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2014 3:02 PM by litzdog911 RSS

Where do I go for help?

ewaynec

I have posted several times with several problems. I have never got a satisfactory response. My latest problem was "screen saver", posted last January. I got no help from this forum. I contacted Direct TV and talked to three different people who acted like they had never heard of my problem. Their only suggestion is to go back to this forum and see if someone on here can help.

I have never dealt with a company like this I have had Direct TV for over 8 years, every time I have had a problem and asked them for help they have beat around the bush and procrastinated until I just gave up or fixed it myself. This forum is no better. Here the best answer is to call Direct TV and, they say "post your problem on the technical board". This is a rant because I can do nothing else, but it is more than that, I do need answers, and the big question is, where can I get answers?

• Re: Where do I go for help?
    ix9999

This is usually a great place to get help but if no one knows the answer or doesnt undestand the question they wont respond. I'm sorry you feel you've gotten the run around I'm sure it wasnt intentional.

texasbrit

I noticed that litzdog asked you a question which you never answered.....

litzdog911

Perhaps you can link back to the post with your question?  I think I tried to help you, but you need to answer our questions for this to work.

dcd

ewaynec wrote:

I have posted several times with several problems. I have never got a satisfactory response.

You are certainly welcome to rant but accuracy is always a good thing.  As near as I can tell your "several times" actually was a single post (see link) and as Litzdog stated, you never responded to his question so the thread died.

http://forums.directv.com/thread/11254938

Note that posts from the old website are not available so you may have posted there as well.

ewaynec

I don't know how to link to a previous post, but someone did and it worked very well.

I have a HR24-200 receiver, but I fail to see what difference it makes because this problem is not model specific. I don't want to get into "I said - You said". The references were general because I was just saying that there have been several times I have asked for help without any positive results and all of that was to lead to the question, "where do I go now?" I have tried (on several occasions) to get help here and from Direct support, with no success. Don't try to make it my fault, because I don't answer all your questions. Answer mine.

dcd

Note that this is a user to user self help forum, and as such it requires a degree of cooperation between the questioner and the volunteer responders, thus lack of response will invariably result in a dying thread.  As to the cause of an unwanted screen saver, I'd say it is due to either (a) improper operation or (b) a malfunction of the DVR.

dtvuser2013

If you tell us what you need help with we can offer our free expertise to you

We are not employed by directv to help you nor do we represent them

No one is blaming you maybee you should just post what you need help

With   your chances of getting help

Here are in your favor

litzdog911

Don't try to make it my fault, because I don't answer all your questions. Answer mine.

Ummm, OK.  What's your technical question?   And realize it's hard to answer some questions until we have sufficient details.  

ewaynec

The definition of insanity is; to do the same thing over and over, expecting different results. I thought I would try one more time to get a meaningful response to a real problem. I realize now that is not possible.
            I have not gotten one response with even the slightest offer of help or answer to my simple question. All I get are arguments telling me how I should think.
            This was the point of the original question, there is no help here on this board. By your own admission you are customers like me. If you really want to help customers resolve their problems, the way to do it is get off this board, everyone quit posting on this board and force Direct TV to do their job and supply us with technical support they promised us when we bought this service. I do not want to discuss my problems with people who cannot help me, and I do not want to hear your problems because I cannot help you. If you think you are helping, you are wrong. All you are doing is enabling Direct TV to get out of their responsibility to provide service. Why else would they go to the expense of setting up and maintaining this board? Because it is much cheaper that providing a qualified service department.

I did not come here to argue, I came looking for help, I still don't know where to look. I don't know how to change this question to "unsolvable", maybe some of you who spend your life here can do that for me.

dtvuser2013

You state you problem as screen saver but no other information.

How are we going to help you with that give us more info and

We would gladly try to help you

Out

The screen saver generally only comes up do to inactivity

In a guide menu or play list

And there is no way to prevent

It

litzdog911

I did not come here to argue, I came looking for help ....

Really?  Then why not simply post your technical question?  The only question I've ever seen posted from your relates to a Screen Saver issue, but you never answer my follow-up questions.   Seems like you really do just want to argue.   Guess I'm done here.