9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2014 7:57 AM by dcd RSS

GenieGo - out of home access

lv1

have not been able to setup out of home access.  Have a i38HG router, instructions did not work.  Does anyone know how to setup?

• Re: GenieGo - out of home access
    litzdog911

Need more information ...

• DirecTV DVR model number?
    • How is the DVR connected to your home network?
    • How is the GenieGo connected to your home network?
    • What client device are you using (iPad?  PC?)
    • What is the exact error message you're seeing?
      lv1

DirecTV DVR model number - HR21/100

How is the DVR connected to your home network- wired to router

How is the GenieGo connected to your home network - wired to router

What client device are you using (iPad?  PC?) iPad

What is the exact error message you're seeing - out of home not setup, when I registered wireless setup but got error that out of home was not setup and to try to do it manually.  I tried by following instructions and was not successful.

Also connecting using DirectTv app not GenieGo app

Thank you

Sent from my iPad

lv1

The instructions for my router are a bit different at the beginning but once I get to router config I get to this point and are not sure what to do here.  Specifically what specific address to assign in steps 1 and 2

Also I am using Direct Tv App not GenieGo app

NOTE - The IP address & MAC address of the GenieGO can be found in "System Info" in the Helpsection of the apps

Find Device: GenieGO, select the specific address to assign from the Address Assignment drop-down list

Select the address or address pool from which you want to select an IP address from the WAN IP Mapping drop-down list

Click Save

Sent from my iPad

peds48

You need to enter the IP address of your GenieGo along with the ports which can be found by going to your GenieGo's iPhone app settings

Open your GenieGo, tap on the "?" on the top right and select SYSTEM INFO.  Note the IP address and port numbers

lv1

IP address was already there when I clicked on IP address allocation but I

changed the Address assignment from default to GenieGo IP address and saved.

I had already done steps 3 and 4 afterwards.  Just tested and still does not

work

Device: NomadXXXXXX

Current Address      I have the GenieGo app IP address (was already there)

Device Status Connected DHCP

Firewall         ENABLED

Address Assignment I have the GenieGo IP address ( changed from default to

GenieGo IP address

WAN IP Mapping     only 1 choice

Cascaded Router:      No