3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2014 2:23 AM by pigman. RSS

Issue with record team(live) on Genie HR44

johnmartin4

I have setup a team record for Braves. on my Genie HR44-700. It works, but I have an issue. When setup, it says it will record from "Channels I get". Problem is, it picks network station for home team. When Braves play on the road, it picks that channel. I can't watch or record from that channel, even though it is in my "I get" list. "Channels I get" can't be modified. So, I have to go through my To Do list, and change all the recording that are using wrong channel. I doubt there is a work around, but maybe DirecTV can fix this. The option should record from the list I specify. Or, allow me to edit Channels I get.

Update:

Been setup for about a week. Picked every game in program guide for two weeks. Only home games and ESPN games were on correct channel. All others were on regional sports channels that I cannot record/watch. Even if I could, I prefer Fox Sports South coverage.

Message was edited by: johnmartin4

• Re: Issue with record team(live) on Genie HR44
    dcd

Have you allowed any of these links to "mature" or did you spot the potential problem by reviewing the "to do" list?  I would allow the Hr44 to do it's thing for a game or two and see how it performs.  My HR34 did a great job of locating a live broadcast of virtually every Florida State football game last season and I didn't have any of the packages for college sports.

• Re: Issue with record team(live) on Genie HR44
      johnmartin4

Been setup for about a week. Picked every game in program guide for two

weeks. Only home games and ESPN games were on correct channel. All others

were on regional sports channels that I cannot record/watch. Even if I

could, I prefer Fox Sports South coverage.

Doesn't seem to be a solution for this, So I am marking it as answered. Maybe DierecTV will address this in the future.

JM

• Re: Re: Issue with record team(live) on Genie HR44
        pigman.

I setup Sports Season Record to record my favorite hockey team, the Boston Bruins.

I get the following message; "This will automatically record all future games or events, on all your subscribed channels. You may change the options below."

Why does Sports Season Record keep recording the Bruins games on channels I am not subscribed to and cannot watch?

There are times that the games are on channels I do get, but it still records on channels I don't get.

This is very irritating and making me miss the games I really want to see.