3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2014 5:45 AM by dcd RSS

1.3GB LIMIT?

dfishocc

I recently acquired the GenieGo. I really got it to play videos on an android tablet during a road trip I'm taking next month with my grandson. I have a micro SD card with 16GB of space on it, which according to what I read should store about 20 hours of videos.

I have some movies on my DVR that I want to put on the tablet, but even though I have set the "storage options" to save movies to the micro SD card, it shows that I have 1.3gb available. Even when trying to download a 1 hour tv show, the device tells me that I don't have enough space to download it.

I DO have more than 1.3gb of space on the SD card. Can someone help me understand why it says 1.3gb limit?

• Re: 1.3GB LIMIT?
    peds48

Where are you settings this options? inside the DirecTV app or the phone "general" settings?

dfishocc

These are the settings within the genie go (DirecTv) app, not the general Android 4.1 settings.

App settings are as such:

Manage Auto-Download

DVR Playlist Manager

Parental Controls

Streaming Options

GenieGO Out of Home Access

Storage Location

The setting I have changed is Storage Location, to /mnt/sdcard/geniego

dcd

My iPhone App doesn't have the "storage location" option.  I'm suspicious the location they refer to is the phone itself and not the GenieGO device.  The device by default uses it's internal storage and uses any device connected to it's USB port as overflow.