5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2014 5:52 PM by bigh RSS

What free software do I need to play my pictures media share? I can view 96dpi with vista os but not my 300dpi.

bigh

Is there some software that I can download that will allow me to view my pictures with 300dpi with vista os and media share?

• Re: What free software do I need to play my pictures media share? I can view 96dpi with vista os but not my 300dpi.
      bigh

Because the previous answer was my pictures were 300dpi.  I can view pictures with media share that are on windows 7 that are 300 dpi.

I have two computers a laptop with windows 7 and when I can access the media it will show my 300dpi  pictures. most times when I try I get unable to access media. Then one never knows why but it opens right up. The desk top has vista and it always opens when the computer is on. When I select pictures then play all I get the 96dpi pictures and grabbing content then unsuccessful. then unable to connect to computer while still showing the sample pictures with 96dpi.

Therefore I didn't pay any attention to that answer. I just tried to ask in a different way hoping someone would understand my problem.

• Re: What free software do I need to play my pictures media share? I can view 96dpi with vista os but not my 300dpi.
        dcd

Are the other computers running Vista?  As I recall, and it's been a long time, Vista presented all sorts of buggy performance with Mediashare and Directv2PC.

bigh

No the one I can view the 300 DPI has windows 7.

bigh

I am having issue with Directv and Media Share. Directv tells me tech forums are the best place to find help! DTV even sent out a service man. He didn't know DTV offered media share. Said his HR44 didn't have the music/photo app. He asked how I got mine.

Well, now mine is gone. I shut off my two computers and unplugged my two receivers along with my router. Then, I restarted my Vista OS, then plugged up the HR23, plugged in the HR44, then restarted the windows7 OS. The last action was to plug the power back to the router.

Lo and behold, it was the same, the vista OS was found. Under MY COMPUTERS is the vista OS. the one that will not play pictures,

So, I shut down the computer with the vista OS and rebooted the HR44. Now I have no music/photo app. I then rebooted the computer with the windows 7 OS, and the music/photo app is still gone.

Computer guru says my windows 7 is operating fine. He did a ping for the HR44 and it doesn't show up.

In what the wife calls my man cave, I have the desk top with Vista and all the pictures along with music I wanted to share. I have the HR44 connected in the den to my 50 inch and sound system. The HR44 finds the picture files but I get the message “ picture can't be successfully played”. As for the music, for anyone old enough to remember vinyl records, some were 78's and some were 33's. Well, the HR44 sounds like 78 played at 33!

I made a new folder and moved all my pictures and music to the den and took over the wife's computer with windows 7 because I was told here on DTV forums that DTV and vista don't get along. Looks like DTV and windows 7 don't speak! At least the HR23 connected through a deca ( I think that is what it is called) will find and play my music with the vista. Strangest thing though, I took several pictures (about 90 something) all on one SD card. I loaded them onto vista and opened the file with HR23 and you will never guess! It opened and played 5 or 6 of the 90 something. Can't select shuffle, media not found. But select “play all” and picture can't be successfully played is the message that shows up, grabbing content, then a picture after several tries. Repeat a few more times, then it loses media and goes back to programming. Guess that is expected with vista.

My question is if vista can't preform for DTV, and DTV can't find Windows 7: what am I supposed to do?

I'm not trying to do something fancy, just show a slide show set to music. I looked and it sounded easy when I first checked into it.

In fact, the windows 7 did speak when I first set both computers to allow sharing. Well, the windows would go to sleep and I did have everything on vista. Then being told DTV didn't like vista, I still tried very hard to get them get along. Finally, I gave up. I thought I would see how music sounded on the HR44 with Windows7. Same as vista! The few pictures I had on Windows 7 played great. Checked the HR23 music and pictures both played. Solution, move the HR23 and connect to the 50 inch and sound system. Before I make this big move I want to show the wife how everything works on the HR23. I click on extras, then my computers, and my wife computer name, and get media can't be found. This happened the day service man arrived.

I've been looking for a few weeks and no one can seem to find it.

Anyone have an idea where it may have gone? Might be a two dollar reward if anyone can give me a clue as to where it might be!

I was about to tear down a wall for a door! Gone for ever more.

Guess I will not be showing slide shows or playing music with media share.

I would like to know if anyone has, had this much trouble?

Thanks BigH