6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2014 5:05 AM by bigh RSS

MediaShare and Genie

garryrse

i have an HR24, a Genie HR44 and an imac on my network.  i use eyeconnect to get to my itunes library via mediashare.  i can access the library from the HR24 but i cannot from the Genie.  i have checked the network connections and they are all connected.

any ideas as to why it will not work?

• Re: MediaShare and Genie
    dcd

Does your computer show up on the Genies list under extras?  If so, try putting a MP3 file in the default music folder on the computer.  The Genie should see and play that file.  If that all works then you need to look at all the settings on your file server to see why the Genie isn't seeing the files.  Note that there are no (repeat no) adjustments available on the Genie for Mediashare, all such adjustments have to be on the server end.  Also note that Mediashare is designed to see and play MP#, MPG2 and JPG files stored on a networked computer in the default Windows created media folders.  When you change file types or locations, then you need ancillary software on the storage device that will work with the Mediashare feature.  I run TVersity on my computers and I can play most all file types and can store the files wherever I like.

garryrse

thanks for your reply.

yes, my computer shows up under extras/music & photos/my computers.  when i select one of my computers, i get a message which says "unable to access media".

p.s.  i am using a mac running eyeconnect

bigh

I too have this problem but with Windows 7 & Vista. I can find the computer with vista but it will only show some pictures. I downloaded pictures from SD card and some would play and most got unable to successfully play tag for photo. Music from the vista plays fine on HR23 But slow on HR44. I get unable to acess media on both HR23 & 44 for windows7.

dcd

Vista and Mediashare have had problems since the day Vista was released and it has never been fixed.  To my knowledge there is no work around except a different operating system for your computer.

bigh

I have windows 7 both the HR44 or 23 don't have it listed under my computers. Only the computer with vista is in the list. Under network and  sharing on windows 7 view the map shows directv HR44/700, Two Icons with directv mediashare renderer, and two icons directv 2pc media server

Under media share I clicked allow all.