2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2014 10:07 AM by bobbyg47 RSS

HDDVR extremely slow response

rfbell

We have an HDDVR (HR22-100) that, up to about two weeks ago worked fine. Now if the GUIDE button is pressed, it can take more than 1 minute to respond. It has sometimes just hung with a blank screen displayed for several minutes, until I turned the DVR off and on. Then it works OK for a while. I have changed the remote batteries, but that didn't help. I see from other posts in the forum, that there is a diagnostic function. Please let me know how to use that.

• Re: HDDVR extremely slow response
    peds48

you can do two things

first do an Smart Search of CLEARMYBOX and see if that helps

Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.

* When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select

* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."

* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test

You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.

* If the other tests pass, run the surface test.   Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive. 

• Re: HDDVR extremely slow response
    bobbyg47

I have an HR34-700 with the same problem.

DirecTV told me this morning they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.