6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2014 6:22 AM by scott681 RSS

iPad will not connect to DirectTV

iceberg58

I appear to have some limited access to my DirecTV account from my iPad.  From my home setup, I appear to have access with my iPad to my account but when I try to watch I get the frequent message "To tune to this show, you iPad must be connected to the same network as your receiver".  Even when it states available on: TV, Computer, Tablet and Phone I get this error message frequently.  I have spoken with DirecTV technical support and they confirm that I have all of my settings set up properly but they cannot figure out why I have limited access.

Please help!

• Re: iPad will not connect to DirectTV
    peds48

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

How are you connecting your DirecTV® receivers to the internet?

iceberg58

HR44-500

Receiver is connected via Wireless via Belkin router.

My iPad is connected somewhat but I have extreme limited access to DirecTV channels.  Channels from my home network, I have some access on my iPad but many others I do not.  For example, I pick a channel like CNN.  It states Available On: TV, Computer, Tablet and Phone.  I select  ‘Watch’ but when I do, the ‘Watch on iPad is grayed out and it states ’To tune to this show, your iPad must be concocted to the same network as your receiver’.

This is the on going issue that I am having.

mk516

I am having the same problem with a new Genie whole home Dvr service and iPad air.  I have validated that my receiver and ipad are connected to the same network IP address.  This problem has been happening for over 2 weeks now.  Any Help would be appreciated.

icey1516

I was having the same problem and stumbled across your post, I did some searching for a solution and then realized that my Genie must be connecting to our secondary router rather than our main router.  I believe that this is the reason why the I.P. addresses on the Genie and my iPad/iPods had different prefixes. 

To solve this, I had to turn off the secondary router, then repeat the network setup process on the Genie.  This forced the Genie to connect to the main router and voila, connected and streaming live shows!  I hope this helps.

mk516

Thanks for your post and assistance. I have already validated that my ip addresses are using the same prefix and router.  I still cannot stream to my ipad air. Everything else works On the directv app,,,   Just cannot stream most channels. ????   I will be calling tech support soon.  Have not had the chance to yet.

scott681

This happens to me once a month lately. The only solution is to unplug your router for 1 minute. Plug it back in. Now delete the Directv Ipad app. Reinstall. You will have to enter user name and password. Viola!!!!  Works every time.