4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2014 8:56 AM by dmpayne1957 RSS

How do i connect my RC65R to my new SEIKI TV?

dmpayne1957

I have the RC65 R Remote - and want to program it so i only have one remote to use...SEIKI is not listed as an option.

• Re: How do i connect my RC65R to my new SEIKI TV?
    peds48

You would need to do a remote code search

Slide switch to TV

1. Press and hold MUTE and SELECT (LED flashes twice)

2. Enter 991 then 1

3. Press VOL UP

4. Press CH UP (repeatedly)

Now watch the TV screen for the VOL bar to show up, when it does press SELECT to save the code

litzdog911

WWhat model Receiver do you havr?

eb2

dmpayne1957,

I just found the code for my Moms new Seiki SE40FY27.  I had seen the process Peds48 listed here in some of my other searches on the internet.  For step 3 listed above, most of the internet info says to use the Power button option vice the Volume Up option listed here.  I don’t believe it matters since you’re just looking for some indication of activity from the TV.  After spending a few hours using individual codes and using this auto search process and going forward (step 4 CH UP), I decided to try it using the Volume option, but instead of going forward I decided to go in reverse (step 4 CH Down).  Things seem to be going slow and then about 30-40 clicks into my reverse search, lo and behold, I got life out of the TV and remote.  I actually went pass the code by a click or two and when I clicked channel up it took me back to the code so I did forward (CH Up) and reverse (CH Down ) a few times to make sure I was at the right code before hitting Select button to save it. 

With my forward searches earlier in this process, I'm sure I was at least 200 clicks into my forward search before dozing off for a nap (lol!!)...... But the reverse search works also.  By the way I had to do something similar for my daughter's 32' Seiki a year and a half ago but I couldn’t remember exactly what I did so I’m writing it down this time. Hopefully you've already solved the problem but if not hopefully this helps. 

Eric