8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2014 9:42 AM by joed32 RSS

Whole home question

jw23

I have a genie with 2 other DVR's in other rooms. I often record a series in 2 different rooms due to being a moron. It seems I need to look at series from every box and then delete. Is this correct....and I cannot delete from one receiver?

Very frustrating as I have a 2 story house and finished basement.

To the best of my knowledge I have to write down what I have recorded and run up and down stairs...delete, etc.

• Re: Whole home question
    joed32

You can delete from any DVR if you have "allow deletions" selected in the Whole Home menu.

jw23

Yes I do have allow deletions, the problem is at times I have set season series to record on more than one DVR. Don't really notice it until I go into recordings. Then I have to run up and down stairs and write down what is recording where, and then delete.

Very annoying that I can't delete/add series from one networked box and assign/delete to another.

Or am I missing something?

dcd

You might do as I do and that is "assign" the Genie to myself and assign the other DVRs to other family members.  With it's 100 series capacity, the Genie fills my needs and only record my stuff on the Genie.  I let the other family members use their DVRs exclusively.  No one schedules or deletes from any but their own DVR.

As to Joed32, that response is half right.  You can delete from a networked HD receiver but not from a HD DVR.

jw23

Thanks guys...now I get it. Why can't they include a $10 microchip that allows full control of all DVR's from any of them that includes seeing what series recordings I have set on every DVR?

I'm stuck with DTV as I am a transplanted Chicagoan living in WI and need the Sunday Ticket to watch my Chicago Bears.

Also ridiculous is having to lease DVR's and pay for "extra boxes". I use my basement Plasma for football and movies exclusively. In short I use that DTV box weekends during football season.