4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2014 9:07 AM by texasbrit RSS

Genie HD DVR HR34-700 and Genie Mine C31-700 keep locking up

cheezhash

I have a HR34-700 and three C31-700 mini genies. For about the past month the boxes keep locking up during all types of operations. Called customer service and they said the engineers were aware and working on a fix. The boxes have been rebooted multiple times and doesn't seem to help. Getting very frustrated. May be time to switch.

• Re: Genie HD DVR HR34-700 and Genie Mine C31-700 keep locking up
    alpagano

I had the same problem, it has been working some what for awhile now. last month, now I only reprogram my remotes everyday, yes, I have even put new batteries rc71 remotes.. If I leave the tv on for a few hours, the sat system goes to sleep. when I come back I need to reset.mini's.

I do not have the time to be on the phone for a hour or more with direct tvs customer service, for them to have me run all over the house doing crazzy tech stuff,,,when will they get the system working correct....????

live_connected_ok

problem is the genie itself, the client just shows what the genie gives it. Best advice if it real bad may be to escalate. Be polite ask for a supervisor. they may say" we are aware and working on it" tell them that you've been patient and just want a receiver that works. No confidence in that then just tell them it won't turn on. lol

privateidaho

I can only watch for from between 30 seconds and 5 minutes at a time until the screen goes black. The only way I've found to reset it is to change the channel and then go back where I lose all my stored data and can't rewind etc. Extremely annoying. Customer service says (after making me jump through all the hoops for a third time) "Oh yeah, that's a known issue". Sounds like a bean counter had a great idea to make the company look more profitable in the short term by suspending infrastructure maintenance and enticing AT&T to pay a few dollars more for them. Probably got a nice bean counter bonus like a new pencil sharpener. He's thrilled and I have the remote glued to my hand and seemingly missing all the key points in my favorite programs and events. Counting the beans I'm sure the powers that be find that an acceptable trade off.