3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2014 12:01 PM by dfd25 RSS

HD stopped on my HR24

dfd25

Two things occurred since I last saw HD on my DirecTV DVR: a  lightning storm, and housekeepers came to clean my apartment.  I don't know what happened exactly, but after years without problems the DirecTV box isn't displaying HD on my main TV (the other boxes seem to output HD fine).

The DVR claims it is outputting 1080i (the 1080i circle is lit and I also tried unchecking all the other output options and that didn't fix my issue).  My TV is on the same setting it was always on to display the DirecTV output.  Native is set to Off.  I also have it set to Hide SD duplicates.  And yet, it's sending an SD picture to my TV.

What else do I need to check to troubleshoot this issue?  Or should I just go straight to resetting the settings?  Thanks in advance.

• Re: HD stopped on my HR24
    litzdog911

How do you know it's sending an SD signal to your HDTV?

live_connected_ok

litzdog911 is right. TV itself should have an "info" screen/button to see its current resolution. If that says 1080i then the receiver IS sending an HD signal. What kind of cables(HDMI, composite)? Have you tried different cables? Check all the display settings; screen format set to Original, aspect ratio, make sure 480i isn't checked in resolutions. On the channels you are on does in say its HD?

Respond back and let us know how it goes.

dfd25

Well, as mysteriously as the problem started, it disappeared today when I turned on my TV.  Very strange, but thanks for trying to help.