6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2014 8:11 PM by morenoar RSS

can't to internet

morenoar

I just switched from dsl  to cable modem.  I can connect all my except my 3 direct TV boxes.  They keep going to 169 IP.  Please help

• Re: can't to internet
    peds48

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

How are you connecting your DirecTV® receivers to the internet?

morenoar

I have not changed the way they are connected from day one. I went from Cable modem to dsl and back to cable modem. This time, i can't connect them. Same company and using my Asus router to connect all my devices. Even if I input the IP's manually, internet not connected.  I don't want to have a Directv tech come out and have to pay the fee for something simple.  I am not at home to explain the connections, but I have not unplugged anything since day one

texasbrit

The 169 addresses are the ones the receivers use to communicate with each other via whole home. They are called link local addresses. If the router is correctly set up, then it will give the receivers a second address which will be their internet address.

morenoar

Than you all. Got then going. DNS address not not taking. Reset IP settings on router.  All worked