3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2014 4:02 PM by peds48 RSS

HR24-500 DVR Locks up almost daily

gilbugs

I have an HR24-500 DVR that locks up almost daily, including when it is not on.  It will reset when depressing the reset button and work normally.  This DVR is locate din my bedroom so I typically find out it is locked up when I attempt to turn it on.

Here is the rest of the equipment that I have:

HR34-700 Genie DVR

HR25-500 Reciever

C41W-100 Wireless Reciever

C31-700 Genie Mini

WVBR0-01 Wireless Bridge

Genie Go

• Re: HR24-500 DVR Locks up almost daily
    peds48

Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.

* When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select

* You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."

* Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test

You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.

* If the other tests pass, run the surface test.   Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.  

• Re: HR24-500 DVR Locks up almost daily
    gilbugs

Thanks peds48, I will give this a try tonight.  Any cahnce this can be done rmotely?  Not likely since I need to use teh remote while the unit is rebooting.