4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2014 12:24 PM by rmsnowco RSS

HR24-500 Audio problem.

rmsnowco

HR24-500 Audio problem.

Sound drops out intermittently on recorded programs but it is present if I rewind and replay the segment. Dropouts don't usually last more than 45 seconds. Problem seems to occur in batches, making some recordings unwatchable then running fine for week at a time. Any ideas? I'm thinking HD.  In the process of doing hard drive diagnostics. Everything has passed so far, full surface scan is next.

• Re: HR24-500 Audio problem.
    litzdog911

How is the HR24's audio OUT connected to your HDTV?  Or is it connected to an AV Receiver?  How?

Have you tried new connection cable(s)?

rmsnowco

HDMI to the Visio HDTV. Works fine on a live programs. Also have the optical audio going to a receiver for surround sound but we only power that up for movies. Don't know if the optical has the same dropout problem. I'll try that today.  Forgot to do the HD surface scan last night but running all the other diagnostics did not fix the problem. Have spare HDMI cables and I will swap them out but if I rewind and replay the dead segment the sound is always there on the second play through.

rmsnowco

Audio dropout problem is the same on optical and/or HDMI. The only failure found during the DVR self test was 1 bad block on the HD surface scan and that was repaired. The problem persists.