4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2014 8:10 AM by rvandyk RSS

GenieGo Out of Home worked but quit

rvandyk

Got GenieGo working fine and have left on a contract and will not be home till Dec.  After 30 days it quit working.  Had them try resetting back home and when it still did not work, tried calling.  After several tries, found a tech that said there is a 30 day limit.  To keep it working I need to go home every 30 days!!  Is this true??  If so, why would that be done?  Is there any work around?  If this is not the case, what can be done to restart my Out of Home from here?

• Re: GenieGo Out of Home worked but quit
    peds48

Yep. The CSR was correct. The GenieGo client needs to checking at least once every 30 days for authentication

rvandyk

Is there any way to remotely authenticate?  Maybe by phone. Maybe remote internet connection. Maybe if app loaded on SD card and send home and plug into tablet at home and return. Or any other idea.

peds48

Mobile Device that has the GenieGo client installed needs to be home in order to see the GenieGo itself

rvandyk

Keep on trying with GenioGo Tech support about how dumb a requirement that is and last night found someone who said it CAN be done from directv's side and did so!  I now have access!!

I can call in every 30 days. I can live with that. So, anyone else in this situation that had Out of Home working and it quit after 30 days can call GenieGo tech support and have them reauthorize over the phone.  If the person does not know how, ask for someone else.  It can be done. I think she was about the 10th person I talked to.  I suggested she pass her procedure around to all the other techs in some sort of internal bulletin.