Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

davers-222's profile
davers-222
#1 Star!
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

Thursday, November 10th, 2016 12:26 PM

Closed

Newsmax TV???

Will Directv ever consider re-adding Newsmax TV to their channel line-up.  We always enjoyed watching this news show and wish it would return to Directv subscribers.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.9K Messages

6 years ago

I believe Newsmax was removed because the contract came up for renewal and Newsmax was asking for too much to be renewed, so my guess is it won't come back unless Newsmax changes their position.

davers-222

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

6 years ago

It was my understanding that Newmax TV was FREE to Directv, and no charges were involved.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

6 years ago

Directv pays to have channels, networks do not give them to Driectv for free.

davers-222

Mentor

• 

52 Messages

6 years ago

When "Dish" dropped Newsmax from their channel line-up; I remember hearing one of the Hosts on Newsmax TV saying that Newsmax was FREE to Directv and Dish.  It's odd that all this happen during the Presidental election year.  I still watch Newsmax TV on my Roku Device though, so I am still watching it.  Wonder if some of the cable companies still offer it??

• 

10 Messages

10 days ago

DirecTV canceled Newsmax and also just raised their monthly rate, so now I will be cancelling my DirecTV subscription.  Others should do the same.  You can still watch Newsmax on Sling or Fubo.  

• 

1 Message

10 days ago

Bye Bye Directv!! 

Bunch of liberal pricks! 

You cancel Newsmax, I cancel YOU!

(Edited per community guidelines) Off!

(edited)

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

3.3K Messages

10 days ago

See ya.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

10 days ago

The contract expired so newsmax removed their feed to DTV.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.