Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Directvisfraud's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, May 13, 2017 7:43 PM

$200 Visa Gift Card offer by Directv is FRAUD!!!

We called last April 19, 2017 to inquire about any deals. We were told by this agent named Amanda that we were "eligible" for $200 Visa gift card plus free movie channels for 3 months plus $50 a month for 24 months and free install. I even confirmed all that with her before we said yes. What we didn't know that this person did not add that $200 visa gift card to the work order and in my email confirmation so now we are fighting to get it as we were told that since that was not added to the work order so we're not supposed to get it. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. THEY SHOULD GET THE RECORDING OF OUR CONVERSATION SO THAT ESCALATION DEPT CAN CHECK THAT. DIRECTV IS FRAUD! THEY WILL JUST TO GET SERVICE. WE ARE SO FRUSTRATED! NOW IF WE WANT TO CANCEL WE GOT CANCELATION FEE. DO NOT GET DIRECTV!!!!
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

68 Messages

5 y ago

Try going here to check on your gift card status.

https://rewardcenter.att.com/home.aspx

Sometimes you have to wait between 30 and 90 days to be eligible for your gift card.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Directv was saying that there will be no visa gift card for us because there was nothing written on the work order or the email confirmation. Not sure if the agent had lied to us on the phone or she just simply forgot to write on the work order. But we confirmed everything with her on the phone before we agreed to say yes! I have read other people's complaints and I guess we're not the only one having this issue. I'm going to the FCC if we don't get the gift card.
browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

68 Messages

5 y ago

Go to the website I posted a link too. See what happens there.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 y ago

Got service in sept. 2017. I have called AT&T twice. Twice they have told me they sent the 200.00 card out. Last call was in Nov. Still haven't received the card. I am going to report them as fraud.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I have just gotten off of the phone with these people. You are right as rain. I am going to be escalated to a review. Why review something you already told me i was going to receive. [Edited to comply with Guidelines] This is ridiculous, can't even take a global company like att at their word. Just oathetic.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 y ago

I have given up on them I quit looking for the card. I am very disappointed
in them. May go back to Comcast. If you call AT&T they just give you that
number to call. Didn't get to use the card for Christmas. Had to borrow
money to get my daughter a gift. I don't see how they could be so cruel as
to keep lying and saying they sent it out. I hope others will see them as
frauds and not get Direct tv.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I really feel that I was lies to regarding the $200 visa gift card: I got direct tv sept 16; 2017 and still haven’t received my card. After three phone calls that I was told it will be in the mail along with a visit to the att store in Hamburg! Today I called and was told I’m not eligible when I ask why rephad no answer. I really feel like I was lied to and if this is how you treat your loyal customers I no longer will be affiliated with you for any of your services you should be ashamed!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 y ago

Yes I stopped watching the mailbox and stopped calling.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

JuanJo1130

I was told There were 225.00 on my gift cart I made an attempt to buy a Television it was embarrassing

when I was told there was no money in my act. My card is on 0.00 balance the rewards center is close and I am stuck with a 300.00 dollar bill from Comcast .

Not a very happy customer , 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Never got mine. Packing up equipment now.

##- Please type your reply above this line

Contributor

3 y ago

I am so glad I googled this site...FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!

Today is Jan 10, 2019 and I was just taken for the same ride.  The promise of a $200 gift card plus a $100 coupon (that they don't currently have but when they do they will fill it.)  Ha Ha!  This is such a HUGE SCAM that I am going to continue staying with Comcast knowing that I have to pay over $200 per month for there services.  At the same time like most of us we are trying to watch our pennies and we fall into these scams because we think were putting money back into our pockets.  

RUN DON'T WALK!  PLEASE DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SIGNING UP WITH DIRECT, PROMISES MADE ARE NEVER KEPT!  

Contributor

2 y ago

I'm a new customer how can I sign for the 200 $ reward

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

2 y ago

@Gillfamailyof4 wrote:

I'm a new customer how can I sign for the 200 $ reward

Please read the previous posts in this thread. 

Instructions for redeeming your $200 reward card were provided with your order confirmation. See also https://forums.att.com/t5/DIRECTV-Account/DIRECTV-Billing-and-Rewards/m-p/4877114#M3325

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.