Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

S

• 

1 Message

Sat, Nov 28, 2020 8:49 PM

50 % of current direct tv promotion

After being a loyal and paying customer to Direct TV, my service price was raised substantially after introductory period while providing the same service.  Obviously very unfair to treat your loyal customers who pay onetime in this manner.  After paying the significant increase for quite some time, ATT Direct TV solicits us to a 50 % discount in our monthly price.  The catch is that we have to pay for a whole year, over $1000 dollars upfront.  In the Covid 19 world that has limited us all financially, We work in a hospital where everyday we have to treat patients.  If they can't pay, we help them.  If they don't have to insurance and pay with cash, they get 50 % discount off bill and payment plan, no huge bill upfront that they have to pay.  We know how much people are struggling and we still are there to help them and they are most appreciative.  Than I get a call from the tv company I have been forever loyal to, and the offer is: If you pay us a whole lot of money that probably most people can't really afford, then we will give you a discount on the back end.  The reward is for giving us the big payment up front, not for being a loyal customer through these hard times.  Definitely doesn't make you feel like a valued customer for sure.  It may be time for me to look at other TV companies or go to streaming internet for TV service.  It's so sad that in this day in time, there is no value by companies ( I guess ATT as well) in loyalty of customers.  

ACE - Expert

• 

268 Messages

1 y ago

Did this involve buying gift cards to pay the "up front" amount???? 

That's a well known scam.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.2K Messages

1 y ago

There is no such promotion. Hope you didn’t fall for it, it’s a scam.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.1K Messages

1 y ago

DTV sent this to all receivers.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

1 y ago

SCAM

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.