Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

R

Fri, May 29, 2020 8:06 PM

50% Off DirecTV is the same old scam?

Hi I received a phone call today from 813-756-4594 saying that if I call 855-422-4794 that I can receive 50% off my Direct TV bill. I am assuming this is a scam? How do they know I have Direct TV? I used to get non-stop text messages trying to get me to call and get a promotion. Is there anyway to stop it?

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Yes -- I have gotten this same call the last two days. If you say yes, you want to learn more -- they ask for your 4 digit pin. I never went farther than that. Just hung up.

• 

2 Messages

2 m ago

Just got the same call the last two days. If you say you want to learn more, they ask for your 4 digit PIN. Hung up after that.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

2 m ago

@kim5670738_65 

Of course calling AT&T would do nothing. They didn't call you and are not the police. Someone calls you pretending they are someone they are not, is not the responsibility of whomever they are impersonating.

"Hey bob someone called me pretending to be you and promised me a $100, what are you going to do about it? Bob says, well that wasn't me so I'm not giving you anything".

(edited)

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I believe OP wanted to know if the phone # was in fact a recognized ATT/Directv #, and this forum seems to be an obvious source of info for that request.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.1K Messages

2 m ago

The only DTV number is 18005315000 and it doesn't matter if the caller id shows an AT&T number as the scammers are spoofing it.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.