Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

andrewice99's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 7:25 PM

anyone else get completely scammed by the direct tv sales people???

I was lied to on all accounts and when I call customer service to complian and rectify they just  tell me "nothing we can do"  No one even cares.  Not one person (I tried 3 times) even came close to attempting to give me what I was told.

I was told a one year contract....it was for two years

I was told a two year price lock...it was for one year

I was told movie channels included....except its only for 3 months then another $54/mo

I was told NFL package included....except its only for first year then pay more more more

I was told that my Comcast termination fee would be paid ($210)....except it wont be

I was told 4k on all my TV's...except the main one cant be 4k

I was told $118/mo including fees and taxes....except my bill was for $140

Total fraud....oh and I was told if Im not happy then I can cancel for the small fee of $420.

No one and I mean no one in customer service cares, no one wants to fix it, no one wants to tell the salesman to stop lying because that would mean less accounts.  Just sweep it under the rug...great job att...don't worry Ill be more then happy to tell as many people as I can about your legendary service.

Have a great day

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

4 y ago

Yes the company that hired him gets a commission for every order submitted. That company also gets commissions for the orders from any other services they sell.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

4 y ago

Most of those were spelled out in the email DTV sent before the install so you could have canceled.

Never has been a one year contract with DTV always been 2.

If 4K on the main TV was what you wanted why did you allow the tech to leave it that way? The HR54 can go on any TV and the C61K mini goes on the main TV.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

4 y ago

Maybe you just misunderstood him. Pretty well all these things are in the standard agreement, which the CSR can't change.

Price lock is always for one year, read the document you have.

Contract is always two years.

Free movie channels are always three months.

free NFL is always for first year only.

Your main TV can be 4K. just connect the C61 K there and the server somewhere else.

Termination fee - can't comment, because that would be non-standard.

Look at your $140 monthly bill, have they added something you did not need?

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

I'm glad you know the all the standard stuff off the top of your head, hmmmm, clearly you are on here just to defend att/direct tv

well as a first time user I did not, and yes I trusted the people who came to my door and did their sales pitch, and no I did not misunderstood, I was lied too.  the fact that you are just here trying to blame me for being lied too shows who is paying your $$$

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

how would I know, or any firsg time user know that its "always been 2 years" or that I could have ofthe 4k on this and the mini on that

A BUNCH OF PAID FOR EXPERTS DEFENDING THE FRAUD

clearly you guys expect a first time user to know everything...complete scam

amazing that you can defend the lying and try to blame the new customer

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

the fact that no one from ATT can even apologize or even attempt to remedy the situation but instead send in their paid for assassins to defend them....even this forum is fraud

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

4 y ago

If people came to your door they did not work for DirecTV but for a third party.  So your issues are with them. That's one of the reasons DirecTv sends customers an email. I would not believe anything a door-to-door sales person tells me. They just want to get the sale, and will often distort the truth to get it.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

Seriously, enough from you.  you are a complete fraud as well.  you are getting paid to DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND at all costs.

it s pathetic.

I'm glad I can be on here a s a real person letting other real people know to not get SCAMMED

and who hired the third party??  ATT/Direct TV...the BUCK STOPS W THEM

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

4 y ago

Almost all of us don't work for DTV/AT&T those that do have that fact stated in a box similar to the ACE box and we are not payed for this either.  DTV/AT&T didn't hire them either, they can only send new orders to DTV/AT&T.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

4 y ago

Check your original order confirmation.  All of those items you're questioning were spelled out there.  

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

LISTEN TO ME all you replying clowns...Clearly anyone reading this can tell I'm a real person w a real complaint.

you are all paid informants placed here to defend ATT/Direct TV, no one is fooled by your ridiculous responses.

STOP SAYING IT DOESNT MATTER THAT THEY LIE AND ITS THE CUSTOMERS FAULT FOR NOT READING THE 12 PAGE CONTRACT.

HOW ABOUT JUST SOME  HONESTY......HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY DEFEND THAT??

what are you, just a bunch of att groupies who love direct tv so much that no one could possible be lied to? and scammed?

stop embarrassing yourselves and go back to another thread, thanks 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

4 y ago

It was the person that came to your door that lied to you not DTV/AT&T DTV sent an email detailing what you where getting so you could cancel it.  The fact you didn't know is on you.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

shannon02

can u be this out of touch w reality?  the person who came to my door represented ATT/DTV...do you know how I know this?

because they are the only contact I had w att/DTV and now I have the service.

Stop saying ATT/DTV is not responsible for their agents...you actually sound dumb and I feel bad for you.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

4 y ago

Again DTV/AT&T did not hire him or the company that he works for.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

seriously, can u really be this confused?  go drink more of the kool aid

of course they hired them...u think they knocked on my door for free...u think att doesn't pay the company?

please, stop embarrassing yourself...you cant be this clueless

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.