Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

andrewice99's profile

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Tue, Mar 13, 2018 7:25 PM

anyone else get completely scammed by the direct tv sales people???

I was lied to on all accounts and when I call customer service to complian and rectify they just  tell me "nothing we can do"  No one even cares.  Not one person (I tried 3 times) even came close to attempting to give me what I was told.

I was told a one year contract....it was for two years

I was told a two year price lock...it was for one year

I was told movie channels included....except its only for 3 months then another $54/mo

I was told NFL package included....except its only for first year then pay more more more

I was told that my Comcast termination fee would be paid ($210)....except it wont be

I was told 4k on all my TV's...except the main one cant be 4k

I was told $118/mo including fees and taxes....except my bill was for $140

Total fraud....oh and I was told if Im not happy then I can cancel for the small fee of $420.

No one and I mean no one in customer service cares, no one wants to fix it, no one wants to tell the salesman to stop lying because that would mean less accounts.  Just sweep it under the rug...great job att...don't worry Ill be more then happy to tell as many people as I can about your legendary service.

Have a great day

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

4 y ago

Sorry to break the news to you @andrewice99, but you're the one that's confused.  Nobody here is disputing that this sales person lied to you.  Those door-to-door, Walmart, etc. representatives lie way too often.  But they are NOT DirecTV or AT&T employees.  They turn around and sell your contract to DirecTV and collect a commission.  I wish DirecTV would stop doing this because you'll find numerous complaints just like yours in this forum.  The bottom line is that you must read your order confirmation contract because that's the only document that's legally bind.  Sorry that you were misled, and sorry that you didn't take the time to read a lengthy contract.

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.5K Messages

4 y ago

What is it you don't understand. . the third party company has a contract where they get paid when they make a sale. Directv does not control the third party company reps, if a rep makes a sale the only thing DirecTV knows is what is written down. It's quite possible the sales person that was at your door doesn't even work for the distribution company any more. And he will deny he ever told you this, and they will deny he ever told you this.

That's what written documentation is for. 

And there's no point in insulting the people who have replied to this thread because they are just telling you how it is. None of them work for DirecTV,. 

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

@litzdog911

first off, you are clearly not a business person, which is fine.

to say ATT is not responsible for the people or companies they hire to sell their product is preposterous.  You cant just hide behind "they are not our direct employees"  One day you will stop hiding behind your computer and get out in the real world, you will understand this. Any person w any business experience understands this.  You and the rest of the cronies on this site defending ATT to the bitter end so you can get your "expert" tag is a joke.  You offer nothing of value to the real person looking for real info on real life experiences.  

you just don't get it, that's fine, please move on to some technical issue where maybe you actually have some experience and or expertise

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

what part don't u get?  u cant hide behind "they are not my employee"  that's not how real life works.  you clearly have no clue when it comes to business.  Stick to some sort of technical expertise u may or may not have.  

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

4 y ago

correct, at least one of you can admit there is some connection finally.

so just to be clear, you are saying even though att hires this company to sell their services, att should not care whatsoever how unscrupulous the company is?  they should just turn a blind eye to all it sales techniques, including the lying?

because you do realize that is what you are saying, right?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

41.4K Messages

4 y ago

Well, I shall indeed move on.  I can only suggest that in the future you don't rely on a sales person's "promises" without due diligence on your part.  Reading your contract would have saved you much frustration.  It's that simple.   

TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.5K Messages

4 y ago

No-one is saying that. there's a contract between ATT/DirecTV and its resellers. That probably specifies the document the reseller sends to DirecTV to place an order,. That's the ruling document. DirecTV does not control the behavior of individual sales people who don't even work for DirecTV.

Did you read the documents you were sent? Did you sign off on the installation and the terms and conditions? Did you complain to the third party reseller?

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 y ago

Your issue with your main TV being 4K is the same one we had. To resolve this they moved the DVR to another of our TV's and installed the 4K box on our main TV.Hope this helps?

Djinni

Associated Member

• 

34 Messages

3 y ago

(1) Read contract. That should have prevented this:

I was told a one year contract....it was for two years

I was told a two year price lock...it was for one year

I was told movie channels included....except its only for 3 months then another $54/mo

I was told NFL package included....except its only for first year then pay more more more.

(2) Talk to seller (3rd Party) not AT&T / DirecTV:

I was told that my Comcast termination fee would be paid ($210)....except it wont be

(3) The main DVR can't be 4k only genie mini can be 4k change boxes talk to tech team to assist you:

I was told 4k on all my TV's...except the main one cant be 4k

(4) Taxes and check for other fees like add on channels you don't watch and wanted to remove

I was told $118/mo including fees and taxes....except my bill was for $140

(5) Re-sellers get commission after install, you have ample time to read the contract if you want to change add remove anything you call DTV / AT&T before install.

(6) Let me give you an example. CARS. let us say I re-sell cars I'll buy Hyundai Elantra sell it to you and tell you amazing things about it like it transforms to bumblebee every 12 midnight etc. give you contract you sign it done I get commission from hyundai but I don't work for them you still call hyundai ask about bumblebee thing and hyudai tells you have you read it in the contract. Your answer would prove that Hyudai / AT&T / DTV is not responsible for re-seller because you have contract given to you and you should have read it even if it is ten books long. That is just  tip for smart consumer next time, please read. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

That is such a stupid comparison .  These D2D sales reps are not buying anything from AT&T.  They are offering a service that is provided by AT&T. If AT&T wanted to be a reputable company they would contact whoever these companies are that are fraudulently offering something not available and put a stop to this.  These calls are coming in on the daily to AT&T csr's therefore  AT&T is fully aware of what is being told to the consumer.  In my eyes that makes them just as much scammers as the contracted representatives!! Sorry no gray areas.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

3 y ago

DTV/AT&T doesn't hire these third party companies.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.