Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

J

Thu, Mar 26, 2020 1:00 AM

AT&T is the worst company I've ever dealt with - can't wait to leave them.

My wife and I are moving houses in a week. I sat on hold for 2 hours a few nights ago only for them to hang up on me.
I sat on hold again last night for almost 3 hours before they hung up on me.
I'm on hold now as I write this - it's been 40 minutes.

Corona Virus or not - I hate this (Edited per community guidelines)ing company. EVERY other company I've reached out to so I could move service to the new address has had delays as well ---- not to this extent. Absolutely ridiculous.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

2 y ago

Unlike phone and internet services which are communication, DirecTV is a entertainment service. As such it is non-essential. They have followed directions to send people home, and closing several call centers as directed. And yesterday that is assumed to be one more call center as another state went on a home shelter order and they have a call center.

Satellite TV deals with millions of customers across the country where other TV services deal with specific areas. So amount of support and where they are located during Covid-19 is not a direct comparison.

So the nation's health is considered more important than TV per all the guidance and orders from varying state governments and whatever may come from the Federal level. Certainly not AT&T/DirecTV's fault.

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 y ago

yes a 500% increase in calls and 70% reduction in staff is all the fault of att

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

@Babdulla18 

Request a supervisor, file a BBB/FCC complaint, or start a fresh thread about what help you need to see if the community might be able to help or at least provide guidance. Would be more productive then digging up a thread from over a year ago.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.