Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

tmunoz's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 24th, 2016 2:27 AM

billing and service!

i m a very dissatisfied customer of direct tv, since i got in my payment has increased every month, mind you, when i signed up i was told my bill would be 52.00 a month, one year later my bill went to 65.00, then jumped to 104.00 a month! I was given nfl sunday ticket free for one year, i called to cancel and was told i could not at the moment, had to wait till at least june, by then they will probably charge me for another year, they have no chat online, and to add to it my tv keeps going out and tells me the usb cable they put is not compatible. want to get out of this but refuse to pay them any more money! I will never refer ayone to direct,and as soon as my problems is fixed, I would never return to direct, they have to this day never tried to help, and by now I really dont want to hear what they have to say, I was tricked into thinking it was  a good company!  someone will read this, but i can bet i will not be helped,,   get me out!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

889 Messages

7 years ago

During your first year, there are promotional credits applied to the account. Afterwards, you will start seeing the regular pricing of what your billing would be. If you aren't satisfied, then you can modify packages or get services removed. While you can't remove premium channels or sports such as NFL Sunday Ticket online, you can get other issues resolved with the online chat support.

If you would describe more of your equipment issue, we will be able to help you and point you in the right direction. Are you using an HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV? If not try switching to that one.

If you would like, you can try sending a private message to the ATTDirecTVCare Team: ATTDirecTVCare leave your account number, phone number, best time to reach you and they will do their best to assist. Keep in mind they may not respond right away. Otherwise, this is a user to user forum and you will need to keep contacting DirecTV for assistance.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

7 years ago

We can't to anything about billing you need to call/chat with DTV (yes there is a chat you may need to log into your account and select contact us) as for this USB that maybe an HDMI cable as DTV doesn't use USB except to connect an AM21 OTA receiver, what is the exact message?

Lat192

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

7 years ago

Every new customer gets those money saving discounts for their first year of service, but after the first year those discounts they do fall off of the account. DIRECTV does that as a way of introducing new customers to their service. You can always contact them to make adjustments to the services on your account so your bill won't be so high.

Anonymous

• 

1.7K Messages

7 years ago

Your empty threats don't mean anything lol, switch to Dish and enjoy their sub-par services.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi are you sure your promotion didn't end after a year or two? They normally do and are usually pretty good about adjusting your bill if u catch it soon enough.. I know it's a pain but don't switch to Comcast/xfinity as they are HORRIBLE!!

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.