Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

Ellieann's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Aug 16, 2016 7:10 PM

Change account holder's name

I am trying to add my name onto our direct tv household account. So both my fiancé and my name will be on listed. apparently we have to do so in order for centurylink to bundle our service with direct tv.
mdram4x4

Master

• 

6.5K Messages

6年前

call customer service

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

6年前

Directv account holder's name, the ownership, does not change. They will allow minor corrections such as a misspelling, or going from Jeffrey to Jeff in the case of a combined bill since it is considered the same name, or updating the last name from marriage.

I don't know if Centurylink can change the account holder on their service, so you would need to call them. 

One thing though that is unique about Century link, I know as they are the main provider in my area from the mergers over the years (USWest to Qwest, to Centurylink), if you have the bills combined, as per Centurylink's terms, you are not allowed to be subscribed to or order any 'adult' programming on Directv. Just a unique fact to make any informed decisions with combining the bill.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.