Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

Roodavis's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, March 16th, 2017 3:16 AM

Closed

Contact DirectTV via email?

I am not a DirectTV customer, but I have questions that are not answered on the website. Chat is always busy and I don't want to jump through telephone hoops at 1130p. Why is it not possible to send and email with questions?

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.4K Messages

6 years ago

AT&T dropped email support you can try sending a PM to @ATTDIRECTVCare or we may know the answers

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

6 years ago

There is not traditional email support. You can send them a private message through the forum as mentioned which is like an internal email to this site as opposed to your personal email. You will get a notification to your contact email when a new message is waiting. You could also post your questions here in the forum to see if we as the customer community may be able to answer them.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks guys. It always surprises me when companies choose to cut off contact by email and expect potential customers to signup and monitor user forums. Fortunately I spend a lot of time in various support forums, so it doesn't concern me as much as it would a non-technicla person. I will submit a new question with the proper title to avoid confusion.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

6 years ago

Maybe they view the private messages as more secure than traditional email. But it also encourages you to ask the customer community where other customers have good info. With how busy they have been since the merger they probably need to use any advantage to take the load off their allread overworked agents. As long as you have notifications on, no need to monitor the forum itself, just check your email. Hope all goes well with your questions.

lilricky

Former Employee

• 

536 Messages

6 years ago

@Juniper Bingo!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I believe that the reason DirecTV doesn't have email is that they simply don't care about their customers and don't want to be bothered. My account, ***, was activated in April 2016. Part of the contract agreement was that I would receive a $37 discount off of the $81.99 fee for the XTRA package for 12 months. In November we placed our account on suspension as we were leaving the area for 5 months. We reactivated the account when we returned in April. During the reactivation, I asked to confirm the dates of my contract. I was told that the contract term has been extended for 5 months because of the suspension. Although I don't agree with this, I can understand the reasoning. Today I was reviewing my bill and noticed that it was higher than normal and determined that the increase was because the 12 month discount expired. In speaking with customer service I was told that this all should have been explained to me when my account was placed on suspension. It wasn't, but that is beside the point. The point is money. So while Direct applies my $37 discount during months that my account isn't even activated and there isn't a fee, they also extend my contract term because of the suspension. You apply my $37 discount to a bill that doesn't exist and you extend my contract so that you can collect 5 more months of bill at the full package fee. I don't know if this is legal(I'm sure that your lawyers have this carefully worded in the contract), it certain doesn't show any appreciation for your customers. Your customer service reps always say DirecTV appreciates my business. It is pretty clear that all you appreciate is my money. Treating your customers fairly isn't even on your radar. When friends have asked if I like my DirecTV service, I have told them that I would recommend you. That has now changed.

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

6 years ago

@totallyunfair

Directv/AT&T use Private Message through this forum instead of traditional email. It does double duty since it works like an email through the forum, you still get a notification by email when a message is waiting, but it also encourages people to help each other out. Not only does that help the workload that they are straining on still with everyone learning all the new stuff by the merger, but sometimes customers can explain things in a different manner to each other that is easier to understand. Also customers may have suggestions or answers regarding custom setups that Directv doesn't support themselves.

If something like a suspension is setup, yes the agent should go over the full information so that you are not surprised later. The 24 month service agreement is for active service which is why the months suspended do not count. Freezes the agreement at point of suspension and then continues counting down when resumed. Discounts, regardless from intro or a special you might get later, do not have their time adjusted. I completely understand the service agreement being affected, but am not a fan that the discounts don't do the same.

Good or bad, any agent you speak with is still human. So I would review any email confirmation sent out when you order a service or make changes. This way you cover yourself if there was a misunderstanding, agent gave poor info, or they just simply forgot something. I would recommend this no matter what company it is.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.