Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

E

• 

1 Message

Sat, Aug 6, 2022 4:04 PM

Contract

DIRECTV is not honoring the package contract that was initially set up with their representative. This was setup directly from the DIRECTV company, not a third party representative. When I contact DIRECTV they can't even find my original contract stating what I actually have or do not have package wise. I only signed up with DIRECTV for a specific package option they offered me. I signed up for 2 free years of NFL package. The deal worked for a month. When I went to watch that part of my package it was no longer there. They now claim I don't have it anymore and want me to pay for it. This is not what I signed up for. If they won't honor my contract, I want out. Especially if they claim I don't have a contract with them. How can I pay for services they claim I don't have. They sure take my money every month. 

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

What specific deal/contract are you in? Along with two years of free NFL SUNDAY TICKET (I’ve never heard that one before) what else were you promised? Do you have proof of the contract? What does the DIRECTV website say when you sign in at DIRECTV.com to manage your account? If the agent can’t assist you after several phone calls, it’s time for a BBB complaint. As this is a public forum, we are customers just like you. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

16.8K Messages

2 m مضت

AFAIK DTV has never given two years free NFL Sunday Ticket.  What does the email that DTV sent you before the install say?

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

What does your sales confirmation email show? That's the only thing that matters 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.6K Messages

2 m مضت

The free intro offer of the NFL Sunday Ticket is for a single season. There has been in the past where if you started with DirecTV very late in that season, you would get the full next season. But that is only if you started very late (such as December). You don't get two full seasons.

DirecTV's service agreement is 24 months. That is for keeping their service, not that all your promotions last 2 years. All intro offers come with a 24 month service agreement, so they shouldn't be saying you don't have an agreement at all. They are just saying your account setup differs from what you are saying.

The agent should be able to resend your initial order confirmation. That would break down exactly what you were getting at start of service. Them not finding it doesn't make sense. Call DirecTV back and when you get the voice system say "cancel". Usually a retention agent is more experienced and can help verify the info on your account. Just be prepared it may not be the answer you want if you misunderstood your initial order.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.