Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

dre2ball15's profile

Mon, Apr 27, 2020 11:38 PM

Direct TV/Ebay SCAM!

I was contacted from and asked to provide $200 Ebay Card for discounts and promotions.............. Sounded fraudulent so I checked this forum and found info from others who also felt they were being scammed. They even sent the offer in an email that looked so legit. This was today April 27, 2020.

Include is a copy of the email they sent.

DIRECTV

My Account My Programming View My Bill Watch DIRECTV

Get the best entertainment experience at the best price.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for signing up with eBay 50% discounted promotion on your monthly bill your authorization code is DTV6981. This email refers to the promotion on your current services with DIRECTV & AT&T, this promotion offers you free upgrades in your existing services of DIRECTV & AT&T. This is a contract free offer for 2 Years, with a fix monthly bill of $39.99 (Including taxes and services charges). In order to avail this discounted offer on your DIRECTV accounts, you have to prepay your 05 months bill of $200 according to $39.99 after that for the rest of 19 months a flat bill of $39.99/month. If you pay your upfront bill on the same day then you are eligible for $100 Visa Card. In order to activate this promotion, you need to pay your upfront payment by using eBay prepaid gift card for further detail call billing and promotion department.

Upgraded Package: The upgraded package will be PREMIER Package HBO, CINEMAX, SHOWTIME, STARZ, SPORTS PACK & MLB EXTRA INNINGS (For 2 Seasons).

Regards,

DIRECTV & AT&T

Image result for ebay

Thank you for being a valued customer.

Pay by text

DIRECTV® REAL DEAL

2019/20 NFL

SUNDAY TICKET FREE

FOR 24 MONTHS FREE

UPGRADE

NFL Sunday Ticket MAX HBO®, Starz®, Showtime®, Cinemax® GenieT

Included at no extra charge. The best

premium channels. One HD DVR powers your entire home^.

YOUR EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION

DIRECTV reserves the right to contact you via email regarding your account. For details on how DIRECTV uses your information, please read our Privacy Policy.

To ensure delivery, add [email scrubbed] & [email scrubbed] to your address book.

QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?

©2016 DIRECTV. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo are trademarks of DIRECTV, LLC. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

Responses

Constructive

Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 y ago

yep well documented scam unfortunately some folks fall for it and blame directv for not saving them

7 m ago

I actually never bought the gift cards or paid them, but to "prove" who they were, they actually active Starz and Showtime on my TV and credited back my last payment to my ATT/DirectTv account!!  HOW could they do that??  I am sorry, but, to me, that means ATT/DirectTV DOES have some responsibility here!

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.