Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

gilbugs's profile
gilbugs
#1 Star!
10th stratosphere!
Mission control approves!

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

Fri, Mar 17, 2017 1:44 PM

ESPN App Error 0033

I am getting error 33 "The customer is not authorized for this content requested"when attempting to stream video from the ESPN App.  I can stream audio in the app but not video.  I occasionally have issues and have to log out and back in with the Directv provider, but this did not solve my issue this time.  I am subscribed to a package that includes ESPN.

DIRECTVhelp

Community Support

• 

12K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @gilbugs,

That is not good to read. What troubleshooting have you performed? Please let us know.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Have same issues have Uninstaller and reinstalled app and have also deactivated account and reactivated account . problem continues
DIRECTVhelp

Community Support

• 

12K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @gilbugs and @Nosu13,

We recommend logging into your www.DIRECTV.com account via a PC and "refreshing your services". You can find instructions here http://bit.ly/2nl5XdN. Then try logging out and back into the ESPN app to see if that resolves. Thank you for reaching out!

Thanks.

-ATTDIRECTVCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

The above does not work for that solution is for receivers. I'm experiencing the same issue on the ESPN app on AndroidTV. I have a brand new Sony TV. It's clearly a development problem. The DirecTV API is not working as it should. I don't even get the ability to type in my credentials which I think is the root of the problem.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 y ago

So, I see the recommendation above and I tried it but to no avail.

Just logged in to the Watch ESPN app today on my Iphone and tried to stream SEC Network channel - got the 0033 error code.

I have the Xtra package - with both ESPN and SEC Network (206 and 611) as part of the subscription. 

I called DTV and they had no idea how to fix - escalated it to the Tech group. 

I have tired uninstalling the app and downloading again - nothing.

I believe I should have access to this content as it is part of my package.

Any help or ideas to try and get it fixed?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I have the same problems and had tried the same troubleshooting listed above and call DirectTV 3 times and still no solution. This ridiculous It worked up until about 2-3 weeks ago. They must have something messed up since they changed the login in to be the same as the AT&T login. 😞

Tutor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

I’ve been having same problem for few weeks now, something to do with the merged accounts of DIRECTV and AT&T I’m convinced.  I have same problem with HBO and Showtime apps which verify your subscription to DIRECTV qualifying package

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Same issue did you fix it 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I am having the same problem on the ESPN App, error code 0033.  I have uninstalled the app and reset Directv as tv provider on my iPhone, etc., etc.  Nothing works.  I agree, I think it started when I was required to merge the ATT and Directv into one username and password.  This is really frustrating and ATT needs to get this resolved.  

Tutor

3 y ago

I am having this problem also. I have tried and retried every possible fix and spent countless hours on the phone with Direct TV. I’m calling ESPN tomorrow as suggested by a direct tv agent. If that works, I’ll post here. If it doesn’t, I’ll post that. At that point, it may be that cancelling direct tv is only option and switching provider. 

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

3 y ago

@NWilks wrote:

I am having this problem also. I have tried and retried every possible fix and spent countless hours on the phone with Direct TV. I’m calling ESPN tomorrow as suggested by a direct tv agent. If that works, I’ll post here. If it doesn’t, I’ll post that. At that point, it may be that cancelling direct tv is only option and switching provider. 

Please let us know what you find out.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I had this same problem today and Direct TV passed me from one person to the next 7 times!!  then they tell me that it is an ESPN issue.

They also told me they would call me back in 10 minutes after I hung up to call ESPN and they never called back.

Very frustrated!      BTW, it is Sunday and Direct TV did not know ESPN was closed or maybe they did!   I will call ESPN tomorrow and give them a chance.

Contributor

2 y ago

Having the same issue. Got NO WHERE with Direct TV. Might as well be talking to a wall. AT&T, what are you doing to address the issue? 

Tutor

2 y ago

Hate you’re having the same problem. NONE of their fixes worked for us! We finally subscribed to Hulu so we could get the ESPN app. About a month later we checked it on direct tv and it was back. Go figure. Good luck to you!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

WHY IS THIS STILLLLLLLLL NOT RESOLVED!!!! This is the most frustrating ***** to deal with. When we were with DISH, we did not have this problem AT ALL! Called DirectTV and they were clueless, blamed it on ESPN, called ESPN, they blamed it on DirectTV…….out of everyone on the internet complaining about this, WHY ***** IS NO ONE FIXING THIS ISSUE!!!!!

[word filter avoidance]

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.