Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

HokieRonJ's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Nov 20, 2021 10:33 PM

False pretenses

I was lied to via chat transcript (saved and I have a copy of) when I was guaranteed I would get price locked in for 24 months. I told them I wouldn't get service otherwise and I would go to YouTube TV but was told they would lock it in. Here it Is 12 months later and Directv will not honor their word. Will never get DirecTV again. Biggest scammed around. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

2 m ago

DTV only has 1 contract that states the first year is discounted with the second at full price this is also stated in the email sent before the install so you can cancel before it goes into effect  CSRs on the phone or chat can't change it.  You can try to file a complaint on that CSR.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Doesn't matter what's on the order summary when I have it in writing what was promised. I will gladly be switching back to YouTube TV and canceling my service at the end of this month. The rep I dealt with today was at least good enough to waive the early termination fees. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

2 m ago

CSRs can't waive the ECF/ETF either.

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

2 m ago

@HokieRonJ the sales confirmation email supercedes a chat transcript since it details exactly what was ordered 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

2 m ago

@HokieRonJ 

The Order Confirmation does matter. When you have service installed you signed off on the handheld accepting that it was correct and were bound to the Terms of Service.

No matter what an agent says over the phone or in chat, doesn't change what you already accepted and are bound to. Plan for paying the ECF. Agent cannot waive it, only submit a request for waiver. As the ECF is valid, not an error or a Movers order canceled for No Line of Sight (NLOS), then this normally means the request gets denied and you pay what you owe.

DirecTV does not have a 2 year price. They front load the intro discounts into the 1st year, instead of a smaller amount split over 2 years. It is a 2 year service agreement because of the value of equipment. This business model has been going on around 20 years when they were changing from owned boxes being the only option.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

For those saying it does not matter are clueless. When the installer came out I didn't even sign anhtbing that had payment terms after he installed it. My order summary did not state 1 year either. A DirecTv rep selling point telling me that he will lock me into 2 year pricing is getting someone to agree to terms on false pretenses and is illegal, but it is all a moot point now. 

And yes, the rep can waive the ETF because the rep I talked to last night did and I canceled service (ending on 28th). 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

2 m ago

And yes, the rep can waive the ETF because the rep I talked to last night did and I canceled service (ending on 28th). 

You wouldn’t be the first to be told the ETF was waived then get billed for it anyway. If it didn’t get waived, you won’t be billed for it until next bill cycle anyway which would be your final bill. Please come back and let us know if it gets billed or not.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14.4K Messages

2 m ago

You don't pay the ECF at time of cancel, it goes on the final bill. So you should see it on the next one. Agents have never been able to waive it themselves, only submit the request. It is their accountability.

Fine print of advertisements, the order confirmation from DirecTV itself, and the handheld the tech has all list 1 year price but 24 month service agreement. You are not exempt from a ongoing 20 year business model.

Agents do not have an option to change the Terms of Service after the fact. So that chat transcript means nothing as the ToS takes priority over it. Time to read the official paperwork instead of just going by what an agent says/types.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.7K Messages

2 m ago

The tech doesn't get paid and you get no service unless you pressed the button accepting the TOS.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.