Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

W

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Oct 21, 2021 4:22 PM

Free Upgrade of SD receiver to HD receiver

I currently have 4 HD receivers and 3 SD receivers on my account and pay $21/month for the access fees for the HD receivers- 4x$7-$7 for 1 receiver.  I am not charged the $7 access fee for any of the SD receivers.  I recently received the e-mail from DIRECTV indicating they would replace the SD receivers with an upgrade at no additional cost.  My question- would I be charged a $7 access fee for each upgraded receiver?    

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

211 Messages

1 m ago

You are being charged for the SD receivers as this applies for all receivers, whether leased or owned. DIRECTV charges $7.00 for each additional receiver and unless you are a DTV employee or something, there's no way out of the fee. The answer to your question is yes, the new upgraded receivers WILL cost $7/month each and you will go into a two year contract for the upgraded equipment. 

nabukl

ACE - Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

1 m ago

@detuch254 the sd to hd SWAP does not come with a commitment unless it's incorrectly ordered as an upgrade,  there's a big difference between a swap order and an upgrade order.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.