Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

U

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 10, 2022 2:56 PM

Getting refund for a payment made to DirecTV formy account, they were paid twice.

Terminated my account to go with another company, who paid my early termination fee for me.  DirecTV also charged me for the early termination fee.  I spoke with customer service, who stated the couldn't do anything about it.  Requested to speak to supervisor, he said the were busy, but would call me back.  I did receive two phone calls from a phone that my phone received as spam and did't put it through.  Tried to go on their web site and have a "Chat" instead of phone call, the chat button doesn't work.  How do I get in touch with leadership at this company?

detuch254

ACE - New Member

• 

2.1K Messages

2 m مضت

You can't get in touch with the leader of DIRECTV (CEO). DIRECTV requests an early termination fee if you canceled during your contract and/or had more months on the two-year contract. Each month left on the contract equates to $20. These contracts are triggered if you ordered DIRECTV for the first time, had a recent receiver upgrade, etc. 

Your best bet is to call DIRECTV (number in my greeting below) and say 'billing' to the robot to be sent to the billing department. This is a public forum and we have no access to accounts. If you are positive that you are not involved in the ETF (early termination fee) after many calls, you can file a BBB complaint disputing it. 

• 

2 Messages

2 m مضت

I'm sorry, I didn't make it clear---I did terminate early, however, the new company paid my early termination for me and Directtv also charged me the fee.  I'm just trying to get reimbursed since the fee was paid twice.  Thanks for any help

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 m مضت

directv doesnt prorate your final month companies pay the etf but im pretty sure they dont cover your final months service

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.