Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

santa39571's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 10th, 2018 8:28 PM

Hate this service

Why is it that I signed up for auto pay in February,  but I am just finding out that no payments have ever been made. This service awful . It is by far the worst I have ever experienced.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Unless they prepaid three months and got the free device. 

Ty4444

Professor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

If no payments were made you wouldn't have service

Ty4444

Professor

• 

39 Messages

5 years ago

Then they wouldn't have needed to make payments and it would have been cut off in may

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Depends on what day in February they signed up that determines their billing cycle. We’re in May now so they might get charged sometime this month. 

VIPER31415

Professor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

What service do you have because you said that you signed up for autopay but directv now is autopay either way you look at it. You might be referring to directv satellite service and not directv now their online streaming service. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

1. According to an email received February 14th 2018 your internet and DirecTV bill is auto withdraw. This is what I was referring to
Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.7K Messages

5 years ago

If your DirecTV and Internet are on separate bills as normal, then go to www.directv.com and log into your account to verify auto bill pay status. You can even enroll into auto pay there if it didn't take effect in February, and pay any past due of course.

If your DirecTV and internet bills are combined (they are still separate accounts of course), then you need to contact your internet provider (AT&T, Centurylink, etc.) regarding any past due and to make sure you are setup for auto bill pay. Most of these companies allow you to setup auto bill pay through the website as well. Just remember that some the change only affects the next bill, not any existing bill or past due so you may need to make a one-time payment to be caught up.

Whenever setting up auto bill pay with any company, verify that the following payment does go through to avoid this kind of situation. Even afterwards, being on auto bill pay will not excuse you from reading the info on the bill or being aware if the amount goes onto your credit card bill (or deducted from your bank account if debit card). Auto bill pay is a nice convenience, just be more attentive to your finances so you don't discover something months later.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.