Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

rszymczak's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Aug 7, 2018 3:52 PM

How to I get my Dish removed & picked up?

I cancelled my service on 7/30/18 and requested my dish be removed from my driveway as it was already taken off the roof.  They sent me their recycle website, but it's only for Colorado customers and I'm in Minnesota. I told them I wasn't paying a 3rd party to remove it and wanted it gone.  They told me they submitted a request to have it picked up on 7/6/18 around 10:30am. I contacted them again around noon on 7/6 and was told it would still be pick up that day.  I waited around ALL DAY for them and they never came.  I spoke to 2 supervisors this morning who told me Direct Tv doesn't pick up dishes and they don't know why I was told they did.  I was LIED TO by 2 of their customer service reps promising the dish would be pick up.  I wasted an entire day waiting for them not knowing that they would never be coming!  Why is this okay with them??  They don't seem to care that they treated me this way!!  I submitted a complaint to the BBB, but I'm sure they won't care about that either.  I'm not paying my final bill if I am forced to pay to have this dish removed and you can be certain they will NEVER have my business AGAIN!!

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

4 y前

@NoDirectv01

The tech who filled in on the appointment could have done a better job. Agent did the reasonable thing offering to get a tech back out to check an alternative solution (which should also include sending a complaint down to the dispatch that other tech works for).

As for removing the receiving dish, DirecTV never does that or any other uninstall. Once installed the receiving dish, like most other equipment, you own. Only the receiver/client boxes are leased and taken to a FedEx or UPS (not USPS) location after the last day of service for your free return. Course it depends on the model if returnable or not in the first place. The only part of this AT&T changed was that DirecTV no longer sends a return box unless you are a minimum distance away from any participating return center.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y前

Don’t sell your soul to ANY cable company. I “cut the cord” years ago, and bought a Mohu antenna, and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done! The antenna is about the size of a sheet of notebook paper and east to hook up. I live a simple life and love having lots of free channels. Every once in a while I’ll see a cable war with two channels come across on the ticker about how a channel may be temporarily replaced with another until the price war is settle, and I think haha doesn’t affect moi!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

43K Messages

4 y前

@2market wrote:

Don’t sell your soul to ANY cable company. I “cut the cord” years ago, and bought a Mohu antenna, and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done! The antenna is about the size of a sheet of notebook paper and east to hook up. I live a simple life and love having lots of free channels. Every once in a while I’ll see a cable war with two channels come across on the ticker about how a channel may be temporarily replaced with another until the price war is settle, and I think haha doesn’t affect moi!

Well, you're lucky.  Not everyone can receive off-air channels using an antenna.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y前

There is another Mohu that will pick up a farther range though. Not sure if that will help.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.