Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

P

Tue, Dec 1, 2020 4:35 PM

ISO DIRECTV customer service email address

Is there a way to contact DIRECTV customer service via email? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

1 y ago

DirecTV/AT&T does not have support by email. You call for customer service.

Alternatively you can discuss here in the forum and sometimes experienced customers, or the occasional employee off-the-clock, may be able to provide answers or guidance.

Official Solution

teetertotter

ACE - Teacher

• 

236 Messages

1 y ago

Sorry.........Phone ONLY.    800-531-5000

(edited)

1 y ago

Thanks for the replies.  I'm trying to change my DIRCTV subscription package online, but I keep getting an error message to call customer service. I was hoping to resolve the issue via email and avoid wasting 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. I considered using the chat feature, but that's always busy too. :P

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

1 y ago

Migrating account access from DirecTV's legacy site to AT&T's is still a work in progress so not all options are working yet. Plus if you have a grandfathered package you have to call anyway as the site is only ever for working with current options, even on the legacy DirecTV site.

I would suggest avoiding chat right now. Recent quality is questionable, plus customer support doesn't get record of the transcripts.

1 y ago

Very helpful info. Thanks everyone. 

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

5 m ago

DTV has always charged for shipping replacement receivers.  You can sign up for the protection plan that will cover the shipping cost, service calls and replacing remotes.  You have to call to complain.

(edited)

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

5 m ago

@Deliah There was a time when you had to pay for any replacement as in the cost of the receiver itself, not just shipping. Those of us who have spent $1000’s on receivers in the past don’t mind that $20 charge at all. You can think it’s not right and complain all you want but it won’t change anything.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

5 m ago

@Deliah 

The $19.95 delivery charge for replacement equipment is standard and has been there for decades. You may not like it, but it is part of the service that applies to all of us.

The $8.99 protection plan is optional, and not suggested in many cases. That is an amount of $107.88 every year whether you use it or not. Even if you have a service call of $99, or a replacement remote of $15 (cheaper through online retailers), you pay more in the long run. The plan is for people who cannot manage their budget to have reserve funds, so do better with a known small monthly cost even if they over time pay more.

Your not caring that they have always do it doesn't mean anything. You are not special to where you are exempt from the rules that apply to everyone else.

If you don't like resolution over the phone, then a outside complaint through FCC/BBB would be the next step. But don't expect much from it as you are no different then the rest of us being a DirecTV customer.

Also this is a thread from last year, so suggested you post to a recent relevant one or start your own so you don't get lost in information that may no longer apply (or not even be relevant in many cases).

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

5 m ago

In the old days when receivers were purchase to own. You would pay $499 for and HDDVR or $399 for an HD non-DVR to own it and have a 1 year warranty. After that you paid full cost again to get a replacement.

Now you get equipment free, or a small one-time lease cost if not yet qualified for a free one, with a never ending warranty. You just pay delivery cost to replace them. This is cheaper than it used to be.

I wouldn't call that nickle and diming. Now Dish that increases their cost per level of equipment instead of a flat additional TV rate, charges for activating an external hard drive, and charges for you to ship boxes back when done, that is charging for all the little bits in my book. With DirecTV the rates are consistent and known. Claiming being ignorant for 20+ years doesn't work in your favor.

Short staffing from Covid, which hits call centers of many companies the hardest, has resulted in an increase of outsourcing (or as we are starting to get back to normal, inexperienced agents). So you can certainly play call roulette and try the next person, but it will be luck of the draw who you get.

If you feel better by venting, then so be it. Though if you ever look for actual help or guidance, then other experienced users in the community will try and offer help.

(edited)

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.