Loyal Customer vs New
Every 3, 6 or 12 months I am calling Customer Service to be transferred to the "Loyalty Department" to discuss the increase in my bill attributed to a promotion that has ended.
- The recent promotion ended, and my bill increased by $15 - however it's really creeped higher over 10 years
- We have been "loyal" customers for nearly 10 years
- We just had the equipment (boxes) replaced last week - first time in almost 10 years (hard drive issues)
My husband is a senior and retired on a fixed income and is of the generation that doesn't want to stream TV.
- He watches nothing but old movies and no sports - at all except Superbowl once a year
- I watch the local news shows, reality and network shows and stream
- We both like to record and watch what and when we want
When we received the new equipment last week, I was offered 30 days free for a protection plan, so next month my bill will increase another $9 for this protection plan. I didn't have the protection plan for the prior equipment which worked fine for nearly 10 years (just saying).
Due to COVID and working from home I added ATT's internet service to my plan and dropped the plan I had with a different internet service carrier. The internet service amount is locked in and I pay the same each month as I did with my previous internet service carrier.
- The ATT portion of my bill is the same month to month
- The DirecTV portion has been increasing over my years of loyalty
Today the only option provided from the "Loyalty Department" was to reduce the package (channels) in order to reduce my monthly bill.
- This just doesn't seem like a good offer for a loyal customer especially when the new customers receive great deals
- I don't mind being locked into a contract and I am simply seeking a value for being a loyal customer
Now my only option is to explore switching back to a satellite competitor to get a good deal or seeking a new carrier.
- Switching back was not a consideration previously as I experienced an ethical/discriminatory issue with customer service at the competitor
- Preferred the DirectTV customer service over the years even though I had to initiate calls due to billing increases
- Calls were always to Customer Service to be transferred to the "Loyalty Department" and I am not sure I understand the difference between these departments or reps
I am not asking for free...I am asking to be recognized as a loyal customer not any customer.
- The only thing the "Loyalty" service rep could offer me today was to cancel my service as the cancellation will take affect 8/7/22
- I requested that no changes occur today so that I could line up my new service with a different carrier before I cancel
- The rep encouraged me to cancel today since the cancellation isn't immediate and in response, I stated again that I would like to make arrangements with a new service, and I can call back to cancel tomorrow, the next day or in a week as I have up to 8/7
I hope this reaches leadership at ATT/DirecTV as I am reviewing offers from other carriers knowing there are deals to switch but none to stay. I am not sure loyalty and services are worth what I am paying so it's time to shop around.