Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

SandyPoodle's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 23rd, 2017 3:49 PM

Need help with my Directv account.

I signed up with AT and T at the beginning of November, about month before I moved to another city. I got Directtv, high speed internet and a home phone. On 11/24, I got the equipment delivered - 2 small boxes and one main box- and a dish temporarily set up on cinderblocks. They were not able to hook up any other services as there was a cut fiberoptic cable somewhere between the station and my house so I was without phone and internet for over three weeks.  Later the next week, I get a call from the tech and Directtv dish was going to be put on the roof, invalidating my new roof warranty and I stopped the install to discuss it further with Directtv and come up with another type of install, on a pole. The customer service rep I spoke with on the phone told me that was purely for cosmetic reasons (not being from the US she didn't know what a $15,000 roof warranty was) and that it was going to be put on the roof regardless and I told her no, to cancel that so my husband and I could take to someone about another place to put it. I was given an appointment date, waited all day and no one showed up. I called to find out and was told there was no appointment on record but that they would be out 12/9 to install.. I went into the AT and T store the next day and canceled everything. The customer service rep talked to me about Uverse and I did sign up and got it all installed THE NEXT DAY. 

So this past week, I get a bill from Directtv for $482. I called and found out MY DIRECTTV WAS NEVER CANCELED. I spoke to the lady and she looked at the account and did tell me it was going to be zeroed out but it took going in again to the store to get it to that as I GOT ANOTHER BILL.  Now I get an 'equipment recovery kit' which was a letter detailing how to box the directv stuff up and send it back but they have me down for THREE small receivers instead of TWO. I ONLY GOT TWO SMALL AND ONE LARGE.

So, totaling up the time I have spent since the beginning of November to set up my account, going in to the store to contest this and being on the phone, I am up to around 20 hours of trying to get simple service up and running, bad service out of my life and the equipment returned to the company. I just want this over. I am so upset over this and have actually cried about it - my stepmother is in the final stages of kidney failure and I have had surgery- I shouldn't have to deal with this horrible situation, especially at Christmas.

The people at the store in Wilmington are so nice but even they are frustrated and are shocked at how bad this has gotten. Please help me.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

5 years ago

try calling 1-800-824-9077

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

YOU are my HERO!!!!!!

The past month of having this weighing on my heart and you help me with this in a matter of moments!!!!!!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Sending you a big hug!!!!!

Heart

goldw1800

ACE - Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

5 years ago

Thank you For marking the posts -Merry Christmas

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Maybe you are more competent than the dozen of Directv I have spoke ? Because my Att and Directv account are in sync, I am lockup in Directv acc, none of the techs( i lost the count) have helped me, maybe they are incompetent or the are not train right. I need to be able to get in my acc , see my bills , use my app( dish network app is excellent, regret cancel the account) . I know they are hundred of people with my same problem.... i call that fraud,maybe the next step is to notified BBB or call one of the channels to make this issue public

Mentor

• 

57 Messages

5 years ago

You may want to file a complaint with the DOC. I have. I don't know if that will help but it may make you feel better

I did and received an email from the supposed president asking me to call and set up a time they can call and further discuss my billing issues. Likely a waste of my time, though. Good luck and monitor your credit report.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.