Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

nmcurran's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 15, 2017 11:29 PM

Never-ending login loop

I'm trying to watch Directv on my laptop.  I log in.  Then I go to guide and click on a station.  The site prompts me to sign in (again.)  I put in my info, click sign in, then I end up back at the same page where I started (at the top it says "Welcome to my AT&T").  The tab at the top of my browser identifies this screen as the "Overview Landing Page."

I then repeat the process, and I end up back at the same page again, over and over.  It's driving me crazy.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I have the same problem. Get signed on to att.com, get the welcome, my account name on landing page. When I expand digital phone and then select manage voicemail and other phone features, I am prompted to login to att.com again > opens a new landing page. 

Did your repeated login problem ever get resolved?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Well I did not see this before I posted my question.

I click "watch now". login page pops up. I login, and click watch now, login page pops up, I login and click watch now, login page pops up.

I have called support, and they don't know how to help. I tried support chat, no help. seems as I am not the only one here.

Wondering if I made a mistake switching from cable.....

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

dklowery:

1 - You are not alone. 

2 - Try the following:

--clear browser cache

--open an "inprivate" browser window

--When you first login to att.com, make sure you keep the "save ID" checkbox checked.

--Use your inprivate browser window on the site. If you are prompted to login again, do so. For me when that happens, it normally opens a new window. Switch back to your original att.com window and try to open the link on att.com you tried originally.

The att.com/myatt "site" is not one site. It keeps attempting to switch your session to completely different high-level URLs, depending on what you want to do. It has lots of trouble actually transferring you from one of its internal sites to another while retaining your ID. Once you first get logged in to myatt, it is hit-or-miss whether it will transfer your session between its internal sites. I have had the problem with two browsers: Internet Explorer and Microsoft Windows 10 Edge. Maybe att.com/myatt doesn't like Microsoft browsers. I don't know. Doing the above steps normally gets me where I want to go. It may be load related, too. Try at 2 am 😛 .Long-standing problem with att.com/myatt. I use all sorts of corporate support sites with security credentials and this one is the only one I have this problem with. The "use a different browser", "clear cache", and "use private browsing" were suggestions given to me by a couple different ATT chat support people. They know this is a problem, but ATT internet people don't fix it. As the user, you have to adjust. Good luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Thanks for the input (kudos for that). I have tried on edge, chrome, safari on my Mac, and iPad and iPhone!

I have called support as well as chatting with them and no one seems to know what the deal is.

I will try the suggestions you made when I get in later, but I think it's crap that WE, the PAYING customer have to jump through hoops to get what it is we are paying for.

You suggesting that they know about it but do not fix it, enforces my thought that maybe I made a mistake switching from cox back to DTV.

I had DTV a while ago and it was good then, but now that ATT has it things seemed to have changed.

NOT HAPPY!

Thanks,

Don

CRed19

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 y ago

Did this work? I can't. It's not working.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Once they installed it works.

can stream on the mobile app.

CRed19

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 y ago

thanks. I'm trying to stream on the computer and it keeps telling me im locked out of Directv. no matter how many times they unlock it. I can't get in

tgreaves

Former Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 y ago

If you find your account is locked. Please call 1-800-988-4642 to solve this issue. They will have your account unlocked and running within minutes.

CRed19

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

3 y ago

no, they can't "unlock" my account as it was showing open on their end. 

I found a way to circumvent the login loop. I figured it out. maybe one day the employees will do it too. Now the only problem I have is that stream isn't working. but at least I can login to determine that. 

if anyone can't login. set up a secondary user in your att.com profile page. set up the new user with a different email address. once that is done use the secondary user login information to get into directv.com

1 y ago

The login page is still broken - it is stuck in the infinite redirect loop. Tried multiple browsers, clearing cache, cookies and appstorage, incognito and private modes - nothing worked.

The loop is between these two urls:

https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/passthrough/accountoverview?selectedAcct=xxxxxxxxxx&loginRedirect=true

and https://www.att.com/my/#/passthrough/overview

(replaced my account number in the url with xxxxxxxxxxx)

10 m ago

I had a similar issue logging into my DIRECTV account.  I have both a Uverse internet and DIRECTV account that use the same access ID as the username, but did not realize I had different passwords for each account.  Whenever I logged in I was using my AT&T account password.  Whenever I reset the password it only changed the password to my AT&T internet login.  Once I remembered my DIRECTV password I was able to login.  Both sites seem to login from the same main AT&T sign in page and depending what password I used it would send me to the corresponding account.  I hope this helps some people.

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Maybe it's all about license key issue. I've had that one few weeks ago.

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

Or maybe you should try and clean cookie?.. There were some serious issues like those you've mentioned with me as well, but only I had my issues in the Windows OS it self. And well, long story short, I've decided to cleaned the old one and activated full Pro version of it, by getting cheap software keys from here. It's maybe the best site where you can get all the needed product keys for almost any software solution.

(edited)

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.