Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

M

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Aug 17, 2021 3:14 PM

no tv service

I hardly ever watch Directv.  I have the basic package. Yesterday I tried to watch the news and it wasn't working.  Called the 722 error message code number and the woman told me I needed a new receiver, Directv was changing and I could get a new receiver for free.  I got the email stating when the tech would come out, She said they had to come out, no charge, and all this stuff was added on it and it said I had to sign a 24 month agreement.  I just want my tv fixed. We went through all the resets and whatever else, but she said they would discontinue my account if I didn't get new receiver. I called and cancelled my install of new receiver, so I would not be charged.  Why do I have to talk to some salesperson for over an hour to get tv I am paying for.  

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

D12 is the last MPEG-2 non-DVR for DirecTV. An equivalent swap would be a HD non-DVR (H24 or H25 depending on stock). Be prepared per equipment shortages and moving forward with newer equipment, the swap might only be available for a Genie (Advanced Whole Home HDDVR), with other options only as an optional upgrade.

The Family package is still the lowest costing package ($29.99). It does add in some channels that middle packages do not have. That is why there is no package called "basic" as that can be subjective. Usually this one is to save money temporarily until you can go up to a higher package or something simple for when you have kids around. It is a niche package so doesn't work for many (at least not long term). If it works for you, that is great. But if your viewing truly is "hardly" then perhaps just simple antenna TV (if you get good signal) might be a better choice.

Constructive

Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

4 m ago

directv is shutting down the SD feed and going straight HD they are offering free of charge a swap with no additional contract agreement not an upgrade sounds like the person you talked to was trying to do an upgrade id call back and mention the HD swap and shut them down if the word upgrade leaves their mouth.

• 

4 Messages

4 m ago

Thank you.  One more question does a service tech have to come out to do this?

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

@massage820 

DirecTV is shutting down their MPEG-2/SD-only feeds. A MPEG swap of equipment to MPEG-4 is being offered. Unlike a traditional upgrade, there is no 24 month agreement as it is required to continue using service. Yes a tech must go out as this normally requires cabling updates and a new dish installed. Review the order confirmation to verify that was processed as a swap and not an upgrade.

What are the models of each box you have now? Just so you have the right expectations for any differences or any equipment that shouldn't be swapped.

There is no "basic" package. What is the actual name of the package you have? How long has it been since you reviewed the channels you watch? Just want to be sure you are not in a higher package then what is best for you if you "hardly" watch DirecTV.

• 

4 Messages

4 m ago

I only have one box D12-100. It was a basic package years ago $29 a month.  It is called Family.  It is not a swap. Thank you for your help.

• 

4 Messages

4 m ago

Thanks.  I tried antennas, to no avail.  I will get the HD Swap. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

Fair enough. If antennas don't work where you live, then the Family package can be an understandable alternative to get local type channels and some others.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.