Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

rebrandt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 12, 2016 4:49 PM

retiree discount for direct tv service

When do we get our retiree discount on our direct tv account?

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

888 Messages

6 y ago

I don't believe there is a retiree account for the DirecTV end at this time from what I have seen and there hasn't been any word on when or if this will happen.

You can call 1-800-531-5000 or chat in with a DirecTV rep to confirm.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

I am a retired AT&T employee as of June 2015. I switched from AT&T Uverse to AT&T Direct TV in April of 2016.  At that time, I was told I would receive retiree employee discounts with Direct TV in June.  To date, I have not received my retired employee discounts.  I have extremely upset that I was told this would have and it didn't hasnt happened yet.  I called last week and they said retired emlployees would receive discounts by November.  Called again a couple of laters and they said retired employee discounts wouldn't be available until January of 2017.  I was lied to and I an extremely unhappy.  I received a flyer in the mail today asking consumers to switch to AT&T Direct TV for $89.99 a month including high speed internet.  They really made me furious.  Those that never worked for AT&T are getting a cheaper rate per month than I am.  Where is the fairness in that?  I worked for AT&T for 37 years in the Legal Department.  I would like to receive my employee discounts right away.  I talked to a friend that works at AT&T and she gets Direct TV for $10.00 a month.  I want this escalated to the top of the chain.  I bet the higher up folks that are retiring will be getting their retired employee discounts immediately upon retirement.  I would please like someone to check into this matter.  I am about to switch over to another provided and let my retired friends know what has happened to me. 

Nyla [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Scrambles

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

5 y ago

This is a customer forum...

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

he is a customer

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Sent a message earlier on HRone stop expressing my concerns about retired employee discounts for DirectTV. Switched from Uverse in April to DirectTV. Promised several discounts, promotions and received those. Was told I would receive my retired employee discount also in June for DirectTV and was lied to. Called again and said it would be November before retired employees got discount. I called again and now they say first quarter of 2027. My friend that works for AT&T gets Direct TV for $10.00 a month. I am furious. I received a flyer in mail today offering consumers DirectTV , Internet and other thing cheaper than what I'm paying a month and I am a retired employee with 37 years of service in the Legal Dept. in SC. So unfair and wrong. I can get another provider cheaper than what it's costing me. I also bet the high management folks who have retired are getting a nice retiree employee discount. I love DirectTV but I am ver unhappy about I was mislead by the AT&T employees who are not knowledgeable at all. I am letting all my friends know what has happened to me that want to switch to DirectTV. This is a major problem and higher management needs to address it immediately

Nyla [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]
Former employ if AT&T

Scrambles

Scholar

• 

105 Messages

5 y ago

He's posting to customers. 

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 y ago

Why should DIRECTV give discounts to folks that no longer for them?  If you are willing to work for them you may qualify for the employee discount 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

This person is a past employee who is also a customer. Loyalty for years of service should be rewarded. DirecTV needs to show other customers that they are a company with high standards.

peds48

Expert

• 

32K Messages

5 y ago

I worked for a company for 15 years, while the discount was awesome when working there, I no longer expect or get any discounts. Dont see why DIRECTV has no be any different 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

AT&T needs to give retired AT&T employees a retired discount on services. Worked hard all my life and had to retire because my job was moved to Atlanta. I couldn't move to Atlanta do to the fact I have a family and an elderly mother that depends on me. AT&T knows folks want relocate so they are forced to retire. I know the stockholders love that. I have always been a loyal employee and have always promoted AT&T services. I am disappointed that promises were made to me when I switched from Uverse to DirectTV. Consumers getting better deal than me. I love DirectTV and want to continue promoting my friends and family to switch. I also know Uverse is going away at some point. At this point, I am going to share with friends and family what AT&T has done to me and will not promote them from switching to what they have now to AT&T services until I receive my retiree discounts as promised. So not right after being a loyal employee for 37 years.

(Former employee of AT&T)

Also, train existing employees with correct information to inform folks what they get if they choose AT&T as a provider. I am told something different every time. That information needs to be taken to the upper level management. A big concern of mine and should be for AT&T.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

Thank you so much for your response. Wow! 15 years? That's a long time. I started working for the telephone company when I was 19. I chose an excellent company to work for and was always treated well from the time I was employed and then retired. Began my employment there when it was called Southern Bell. It later became BellSouth and now AT&T. The reason I chose this company was because of all the benefits that were offered to the employees. The benefits included a pension, 401K plan, health insurance which included medical, dental and vision, service awards, and a yearly bonus. The company treats there employees very well and still do. The company also offers discounts to active employees and retired employees for their products and services they offer. I am so sorry you don't receive any discounts from the company you no longer work for and wish so much you had chosen to work for one of the best companies in the world like AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Do you have an updated status? This exact thing has just happened to me also.

JB

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Here's the deal.  If you are currently employed, you get that $10 a month deal.  When you retire, you do not get any deal.  You pay what anyone else would pay.  But, there's a catch.  I choose not to sign up to get DTV, and hence they get no money from me what-so-ever.  I'd think giving me a deal for $10 would be better for both of us, as they are getting nothing now ?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Well, we are finally getting an offer of a Retiree discount for Directv service, but it is a farce. It's 20% of of the Choice, Ultimate, or Premier packages. Plus a DVR and 3 receivers. However, they jacked the prices of those packages up so much that even after the 20% off, they cost more than the general public pays. Choice is $88.80 instead of $74.99, Ultimate is $102.40 instead of $91.99, and Premier is $144.40 instead of 144.99. That's with the 20% discount.

What a deal!

May as well go with Dish

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Well, we are finally getting an offer of a Retiree discount for Directv service, but it is a farce. It's 20% of of the Choice, Ultimate, or Premier packages. Plus a DVR and 3 receivers. However, they jacked the prices of those packages up so much that even after the 20% off, they cost more than the general public pays. Choice is $88.80 instead of $74.99, Ultimate is $102.40 instead of $91.99, and Premier is $144.40 instead of 144.99. That's with the 20% discount.

What a deal!

May as well go with Dish

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.