Announcements
Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

rebrandt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Apr 12, 2016 4:49 PM

retiree discount for direct tv service

When do we get our retiree discount on our direct tv account?

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.6K Messages

5 y ago

Be thankful you can any sort of discount as a retiree.  My company doesn't offer anything like that.  

Mentor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

hankdeb

I agree with what you've said, but still......getting the DVR and other extra's does add up.  The price of the DVR, HD, wireless, more STB's if these are thrown in.......it does make a difference.  IDK......Sadly I just moved out of Uverse area and will be forced into the "local" provider which ain't cheap, or DTV.  Dish is priced way out of hand.  

With all that being said......It's really, really a shame our former employer does not value those of us that worked many long years to make them into what they are now.  We also got the benefit of being paid too, but those working now seem to enjoy much better perks than we do.  I REALLY angers me they get 50% off wireless and we get 30%.  Why is that?

We are no longer valued that much is why.  They need to keep those workers on the job with better perks is why.  Shame.  Too bad we retired.....lol.  We should have worked will our last breath.....hahahahahaha

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

89 Messages

5 y ago

Any discount is better than nothing.  The only thing I don't understand is in the retiree discount information they show the consumer rate for the ultimate package as 128.00 discounted to 102.40, yet as hankdeb stated DTV shows the consumer rate at 91.99, so the discount is actually more than the consumer rate.  Maybe a DTV employee can explain this to us.

@litzdog911 I understand what you're saying, but many companies offer these type incentives.  It's just a perk, even Walmart gives their employees discounts.  I'm not complaining about the percentage of discount as that's the company's call, though I can see why some would be disappointed.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

13.8K Messages

5 y ago

I would look at the bill to verify exactly what it says for Ultimate. Also verify if you have Ultimate or Ultimate All Inlucded. Difference is "All Included" is covering some of the other fees in the cost.

As this is a customer to customer forum, you can call Directv 1-800-531-5000 to review the bill with you to clear up any misunderstanding and to see if maybe a different setup might be a better fit.

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

89 Messages

5 y ago

I don't have that package, I was going by what I found when researching it and it was also the same as another member found.  Surely the DTV employees on this forum know what the consumer rate for the ultimate package is, just the package, no other add ons or discounts.  I intend to call the discount center after the holidays and see what information I can get as I have other questions for them before I decide to sign up or not.  If DTV has the full package prices on their WEB site, after promotions, they keep it well hidden. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I'm not surprised. AT&T presented a lot of farces when I was an active employee. I don't see why they would be any different now.

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.