Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

diane1126's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Dec 29, 2018 12:12 AM

Sam's Club Promotion for ATT Direct TV

Yesterday, I had a meeting with someone at Sam's Club.  While I was leaving, I was asked by a person was offering a promotion for tv/internet service for $75 a month, plus a free $250 gift card.  I told him who my provider was (AT&T Direct TV) and that I would have to speak with my family before switching.  Today, I called AT&T Direct TV and asked why my bill went up to $103 with a notice it would increase again in January,  when they had lowered it about 2 months ago to $96.00..  I was told they had given me promotions and they had ended.  I told the lady, who I had trouble understanding, that someone at Sam's Club was offering the same service for $75 a month.  She told me she would lower my bill by $45.  So, now my bill for December was $103.  If she lowered it by $45, it would only make sense that my bill would be in the $60 range after taxes.  She told me no, my new bill, after she lowered it, would be $116.00 a month.  Since the company I was working for offered everyone a certain age and older to leave or face layoffs, I left, and have to carefully budget.  Don't know how her math works, but lowering it would mean the price would go down, not up.  So, I headed back to Sam's.  The man was no longer there but a female was doing the promotion.  She took all of my information, and I actually showed her my bill, stating I had AT&T Direct TV.  I asked her if it was the same, would I still get the $75 price and she assured me I would.  All I needed to do was give her my Sam's card.  It had expired, so I had to go through the line to customer service, renew my membership, and head back to her to complete the deal.  As soon as I walked back to her, she said, oh, you already are using us so I can't give you the deal.  I explained that she had told me she could, and that I had just spent $45 on a membership I didn't plan on renewing.  She just shrugged her shoulders.  I came home, called Direct TV, was sent somewhere else, and was told they had no idea who worked at a promotion at Sam's Club and nobody else did, either.  She then told me to call an AT&T store, which I did and after going through the whole mess again, was told he could switch me to U Verse, same service, more stations for $90.  He was going to make sure I didn't have a contract, which expired in December on the 1st, and he would call me back in 15 minutes.  After an hour, I called back and was told he was with someone.  So I waited another hour and called back only to find out he had left for the day.  I called the female at Sam's back and asked her who her employer was and she told me Direct TV.  So, I will be contacting Charter if this is not resolved.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

That does not tell me what my total bill would be now.  I was promised one thing, lied to (female at Sam's doing your promotion), and spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this.  
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

3 y ago

The people at Sams do not work for either DirecTV or ATT, they work for a third party reseller. You cannot take as truth anything they tell you, they are just out for a sale.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

What Sam's club says means nothing they don't work for DTV they only send new order to DTV and can't do anything about existing service. The only thing DTV goes by is what is sent to them and then sends you an email conformation of what they received for you to read and correct before the install. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Then they should not be telling people they do work for Direct TV and should not be able to access our records.  So you are telling me that the person at Sam's who said she worked for DTV committed fraud?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Then this people fraudulently took all of my personal information, is that correct?  Someone has to pay their salaries.  If DTV doesn't, who does?  The female I spoke with today told me flat out she worked for DTV.  There was no mention of a 3rd party.  Someone had to have given her access to DTV's accounts.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

13.4K Messages

3 y ago

She might tell you she "works" for DirectV but they don't pay her salary, the reseller (probably Smart Circle) does.

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

3 y ago

The company that employs them DTV pays them a commission for the orders, there is no fraud as they send you order info to DTV.

Contributor

2 y ago

It was probably Chicago Marketing Inc or one of their 70 other fake names. They are known for putting “marketing reps” who are usually just college interns in Sams Clubs to make commission off of selling direct tv. You should contact them to get your refund on the renewed Sams Club membership.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.