Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Nov 24, 2021 5:10 PM

Is it still possible to sign up for dtv but use used equipment I have talked with att they said it is not possible is this true? And can I sign up and use my equipment?

thanks,

Cman

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

2 d ago

Not possible. DirecTV will not activate old account anymore. You'll need new equipment. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

2 d ago

They no longer reactivate old equipment. This was changed quite some time ago. Too often equipment is MPEG-2/SD-only from the old owned days, so no longer usable, or since boxes weren't returnable, they are older and they don't want to risk a setup that may fail in the near future.

Only if you just canceled and change your mind and want to reactivate the account might they use what is already setup. But to start new, you get current equipment.

• 

2 Messages

2 d ago

I have an HR44-700 would that work

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

15.3K Messages

2 d ago

That was made non returnable a few years ago and should have been taken to an e-waste center.  DTV will not reactivate it so it is a door stop.

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

40.8K Messages

2 d ago

No, you cannot activate an old HR44. You'll need new equipment. 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

2 d ago

The HR44 is the 2nd generation Genie. Though unlike the original HR34 it is still a good model, it was made non-returnable in favor of the later setups that support 4K and were pushed to a client only setup (which hopefully will change with the new co-owner).

But regardless, DirecTV does not reactivate equipment with new accounts. Upon deactivation boxes must be returned or recycled.

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.