Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

B

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 26th, 2022 8:11 PM

Suspended local Fox stations

I am very disappointed in DirectTV for suspending local Fox stations.  I understand DirecTV is misleading their customers saying it's Mission Broadcasting's fault, but it sounds like it's DirecTV just being greedy and using leverage based on suspending the channels during MLB playoffs, NCAA football and NFL seasons.  I pay alot for the NFL package and this will be the 2nd week in a row I can't watch the Broncos game because it's on local Fox that DirecTV suspended.  Of course when I try to watch it on the NFL package, it's blacked out because I have local coverage.  Thanks DirecTV for nothing!!  Will be looking into another carrier!!!

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

2 months ago

How is DirecTV being greedy when local station owners continue to demand more and more money to carry their FREE over-the-air stations???

Do some research to learn the facts about how much money these owners make from the fees that we pay for these channels.  This video does a great job explaining the situation ....

https://youtu.be/rppTzSP5NI4

litzdog911

ACE - Sage

• 

44K Messages

2 months ago

Oh, and changing carriers won't help. They all suffer from this crazy situation. For some reason, the FCC and Congress don't want to fix it. Wonder where the money is going???

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

17.3K Messages

2 months ago

Your local Fox station removed their feed to DTV.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

17.6K Messages

2 months ago

@Bschoening 

DirecTV did NOT suspend your local Fox station. Yes both sides have a hand in the situation, but the channel owner having the broadcast rights is the one who is withholding the feed.

The carriage agreement came up and they are negotiating the new one. The channel owner could have left the feed alone while they were negotiating as a sign of good faith, but they chose not to (as is their right).

Unfortunately their agreement came up during a big sports time, meaning they could pull the feed and upset the more "passionate" viewers (such as yourself) to yell at the TV provider to try and get them to cave to the continuing high rates the local wants to be paid.

Paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket or not has nothing to do with this situation. The Sunday Ticket is only for out-of-market games, regardless if you have the local on your pay TV provider or not.

Plug in a regular antenna and get the free broadcast. Would save you a lot of headache. And no other carrier will save you. They all go through negotiations and locals have more commonly been pulling their feed in recent years when the agreement comes up.

Learn how it works before throwing your tantrum.

To check on current info on negotiations: https://www.directv.com/tvpromise/

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.