Welcome to the DIRECTV Community Forums - connect with users, ask questions, and find answers!

C

Thu, Jul 15, 2021 8:52 PM

telemarketers

I receive 2 - 3 unwanted phone calls a week from Direct TV offering discounted services. I have answered their calls asking to be taken off their lists. They hang up. I have contacted Direct TV and a DO NOT CALL was put in my file. I still receive these calls. How can they be stopped?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

1.3K Messages

4 m ago

Contacting Directv does no good, it’s not Directv calling. They are either scammers or 3rd party sellers. Your best defense is to quit answering. Answering those calls just leads to more.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 m ago

DirecTV doesn't call you to offer discounts. Those are crooks pretending to be AT&T/DirecTV. This is a well known scam that has gotten worse in the last year.

teetertotter

ACE - Teacher

• 

235 Messages

4 m ago

ROBO calls are in a constant loop.  Yes, stop answering, which usually works.   I can block incoming numbers on my cell phone.  

4 m ago

The area code and number continuously changes.  Sometimes it is our home state area code and I don't know if it is a call I need to answer.   I have blocked every number they have used but they just change numbers.  

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.