Please pardon our dust while we are making some changes to our DIRECTV Community Forum. Starting Thur. 10/06, this site will be read-only until changes are completed on Fri. 10/07. Thank you for your patience.

Martinper's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tue, Oct 13, 2015 11:43 PM

trying to redeem visa offer

I am a new DirecTV customer looking for a way to redeem the Visa offer. Today I have spent in excess of one hour with four different people from AT&T and DirecTV trying to find a way to redeem the offer. The closest I have come is a page that says that my DirecTV acount is not active. However, all individuals I have spoken with confirm that my account is active but have so far been unable to show me how to access the "Redeem site". I have a DirecTV account number and login capability to AT&T Uverse. I am unable to find out where I can register my new DirecTV account.

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

889 Messages

7年前

Have you tried using your AT&T credentials to log into the DirecTV site?

Have you tried going to Create Account on the DirecTV site and putting in your account number?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7年前

Yes and yes. The DirecTV site simply points me towards the AT&T site since I am already a subscriber to Uverse. My AT&T account is different from the DirecTV account so I remain stuck with AT&T. It resembles a Catch-22.

Sky456

Former Employee

• 

889 Messages

7年前

Ah, gotcha 😕 When being re-directed back to AT&T there's *supposed* to be a link that will take you back to the DirecTV site. However, there are numerous issues where people are not given this option. I would try contacting support again, with a knowledgeable CSR they can get this fixed for you or at the very least, know what department to escalate to that can.

But yeah..when you do get logged in the page should be redeem.directv.com

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7年前

I appreciate your efforts. Currently I am communicating with DirecTV via email. I have described my issue and they indicate that someone will be getting back to me within 24 hours. Sounds nice, however, last week I needed some technical pointers regarding the just completed installation of their equipment. Spoke with two very nice ladies on two separate occasions, both of whom were unable to help but promised to have an "expert" call me back. I am still waiting.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7年前

Update: Since my last posting on October 14 I have sent DirecTV a reminder that the 24 hour response deadline is long past due. I am still waiting.

TexasBrit1

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

7年前

You will not get an "expert" to call you back, unfortunately that's usually just a way to get you off the phone.

What's your technical problem, let's see if we can solve it for you.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7年前

Thanks, I believe the expresion goes something like "necessity is the mother of invention"? In other words, I managed to resolve the technical problems on my own. My one remaining problem is to figure out how to successfully apply for the VISA card promotion. Whether DirecTV is unable or unwilling to help me along remains a mystery.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6年前

My name is jeffreyburwell and I'm trying to redeam my gift card

NEED HELP?

New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.
New to the Community? Visit the Community How-To and Guidelines to get started.